LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, October 16, 2011

What A Great Weekend!

We had a fabulous weekend! It started off with a quick trip to IKEA for Emme and I on Friday, with my friend Brenda. I've been working on weeding through the kids toys, clothes, etc. and trying to get some kind of organization around here. I've reached my limit with the toys overtaking this house. Especially the living room. I had seen a couple storage unit shelves at IKEA that I've been wanting so decided Friday was the best day to get back there and get them. After Brenda, Emme, and I made our way through the store and got the shelves, we decided to peek in the clearance section. I saw a sofa table that I've really been wanting and after debating for a few minutes Brenda talked me into getting it instead of one of the shelves. It has a few marks on it that's why it was on clearance, but nothing major that I decided I could live with. So I swapped out one of the shelves for it. I'm very happy with my purchase. It looks nice in the living room. Ann, it's the same Hemnes Sofa Table that you got! I love it. Now I've just got to find the right bins/baskets to put in it so I can store some of the kids items!

Friday night we took the kids to Midnight Madness at the Breslin Center. If you're not familiar with Midnight Madness, it's sort of like "Meet the Spartans" with the football players. It's a night at the Breslin to meet the men's and women's basketball teams along with various other festivities. There's always a build up of excitement to see what Coach Izzo and his family dresses up as. It usually has something to do with what's coming up in the season. One year it was an astronaut costume (the Final Four was in Houston), one year it was an Indy race car driver (the Final Four was in Indianapolis), another year it was a hippie (to celebrate the 30 years since Magic Johnson & the MSU b-ball team won the NCAA title) to name a few. This year was no different and Izzo didn't disappoint. The theme was "Top Gun" and he was dressed as Maverick and came in on a mock fighter jet. This was to represent MSU's upcoming Veteran's Day match-up against North Carolina. The game on 11-11-11 to be played on an aircraft carrier in San Diego will have President Obama in attendance! So very cool! MSU thinking outside of the box again and taking sports to a different level. Here's a few pics from Midnight Madness. The rest I posted on FB already.

The kids got to stand by all the basketball trophies for a photo opportunity!
Maverick, a.k.a Coach Izzo thanking the Spartan crowd for coming out for Midnight Madness!

Saturday was just an absolute beautiful day in Spartan country. Not so much the chilly, windy weather, but rather the sweet victory over Michigan by the MSU football team! Such an awesome win for the fourth year in a row. I'm so so happy for the seniors especially, but for Coach D as well in marking a "W" in the books again against the Wolverines. This is when I especially love living in Spartan country! We'll enjoy this win all week and for the next year, but the Spartans have a lot of prep to do for Saturday's homecoming game against Wisconsin! Saturday evening my sister and Kaite came to visit. They came so they could go to Evan's football game on Sunday. They watched the kids for a little bit while Greg and I went next door to Jim and Kate's. They had some people over after the football game and had invited us over. We had some great laughs over there once again. Thanks to Jen and Kaite for watching the kids.

Sunday morning we made a trip out to the cider mill. It was sort of a quick trip because we had to get back for Evan's football game, but we wanted to get the annual cousin pic at the cider mill. The kids each picked out pumpkins after we got some donuts. They had fun walking through the pumpkin patch trying to find the perfect pumpkins. I'll post pictures in my next post. We got back, had some lunch and my mom came so she could go to Evan's game too. Last weekend we were sitting in the hot sun frying while watching the game, and this weekend we were all bundled up trying to keep warm from the crazy wind. It was another great game for Evan's team. Although they really don't keep score, they're now 3-0. It was a special game because my little guy scored his first touchdown ever! So awesome! He was so proud as were we!

That wraps up our weekend! A busy weekend it was, but very fun! Now another week is upon us and it's Homecoming week at MSU! Sparty on!

No comments:

Post a Comment