In other news... as promised here's the awesome sangria recipe I promised that I told you I served at bunco the other night!
Super Fruity Sangria
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 Bottle of your favorite white wine ( I recommend a Pinot Grigio) You can use a red wine if you choose)
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- 1 Orange cut into wedges
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- 1 Peach cut into wedges
- 1 Cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 Cup lemonade or limeade (I used Minute Maid light lemonade)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 shots of apricot, peach or "berry" flavored brandy (or you can use peach schnapps which is what I used)
- 2 Cups ginger ale
- Optional: one can of diced pineapple pieces with juice ( I omitted this)
Preparation:Pour wine in the pitcher and squeeze the juice wedges from the lemon, orange and lime into the wine. Toss in the fruit wedges (leaving out seeds if possible) and add sliced peaches, strawberries limeade/lemonade, sugar and brandy. Chill overnight. Add ginger ale and ice just before serving.
If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled white wine and serve over lots of ice.NOTE: Chilling overnight allows for the maximum flavor which I recommend. Also, I suggest putting the strawberries in at the end with the ginger ale and ice because they get mushy. I got this recipe from my friend Eileen (she found it on About.com:wine)who also had served it at bunco. It was a real hit then as it was at my bunco the other night.