LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, June 13, 2010

We're Back!!!!!!

Hello my dear readers! It's been... well forever since I've blogged. Geez last time I blogged it was May and here we are almost half way through June! By the way, happy June everyone! I feel like I've neglected my blog while we were gone. I sort of did, but it wasn't really by choice so much. We had long days on the road and while the hotels we stayed at had free Wi-Fi I only got on the internet for a very short time at night to check email and wasn't really up for blogging. I was too tired to do much of anything, but go to sleep. Then the condo we stayed at for a week in Arizona didn't have free Wi-Fi so I basically wasn't on the computer much. Only for short amounts of time while we were at my aunt and uncles. It's crazy how much we depend on our computers and the internet these days. Not being connected to email, Facebook, etc., very much for two and a half weeks made me feel out of the loop. Now I feel like it's time to play catch up on everything I missed. So now that we're back it's time to catch you all up on our road trip and tell you about the wonderful time we had and the fabulous things we saw. Over this next week, I'll fill you in on everything so by the end of the week hopefully I can get back up to date on here.

We made it back yesterday about 5pm and it was good to be home. 18 days, 4,385 miles, and 12 states later it was nice to arrive at our Shearwater nest and end our trip. Don't get me wrong, we loved our trip, but after being gone so long it always feels good to be home and in your own surroundings. My own shower, my own bed, etc., all were so very nice last night! I look forward to sharing our road trip events with you and hope you look forward to hearing about it because that's what all the blogging over the next few days will be about. I will probably wait until the end to share pictures with you since I took a ton, and I've still got to weed through them. There's way too many to post on here, but I will be posting some and then putting the rest in albums on Facebook. I managed to get the car all cleaned out today and have been doing laundry non-stop. I think I'm on load number six. So I'm going to leave you tonight to finish up some things and start fresh tomorrow with trip details. Hope you all have been well while I was gone! Before I leave, a quick belated birthday wish to my sister. Yesterday was her birthday and while I did talk to her, I didn't get the chance to wish her a happy birthday on here like I had planned. The evening got away from me after we got home. Happy Birthday Jen! Hope you had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment