LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, May 24, 2010

Fast Forward Weekend Wrap Up

Hello dear readers! Here I am on Monday night, just hours away from our big road trip/vacation! Wow, that week I had to get ready sure did fly by. We're all really excited for our first big family vacation, but before that I'm going to give you the fast forward version of the weekend wrap up. I'll try to hit the highlights (which were a lot) as quickly as I can because I've got to get to bed soon because tomorrow is going to be a long day!

On Friday Greg and I had tickets to go see Conan O'Brien. When I bought the tickets a few weeks back I really debated if we should go because I knew this past weekend was a busy weekend! Finally I decided, screw it we're going. We deserve a night out and a break from everything. I must say I'm so glad we went. What a great great show. Funny stuff and well worth the time and money! There was a downpour when we arrived at the Breslin Center, so we were a little wet by the time we got inside, but the show made us forget about our partially wet clothes and shoes. There was an opening act by a guy by the name of Reggie Watts. Hilarious! Then Conan came out and was very entertaining and funny. We laughed the whole show, and I can tell you I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time. Sorry to all you Michigan fans, but I have to say that the UofM jokes that Conan told were freakin' hilarious! Good stuff, good stuff! Later in the show Conan brought out some "old friends" and boy were we ever surprised at the "extra" entertainers during the show. We got to see Andy Richter and then Kid Rock came out and performed a song. When he said Kid Rock, I think my jaw dropped to the floor. I instantly updated my status on Facebook and said, (excuse my language) "Holy Shit, Kid Rock is on stage at Conan!" Believe it or not, my little Evan is a fan of a couple Kid Rock songs. I know Kid Rock doesn't have the best language in his songs, but thankfully Evan doesn't know what he's saying in those parts of the songs. It was an awesome night date night with the hubby and we really enjoyed it!

Saturday brought about the East Lansing Art Festival. I headed out early to the craft show and then later on we all went back for the rest of it. The kids had a blast at the children's activities and got to do some mini art projects. My camera is charging so I can't take a picture right now of their artwork. Maybe at a future time. It was hot hot hot there though. I swear, only in Michigan we go from turning our heat off to turning the a/c on. I'm not complaining, I'm loving this weather, but really there is no in between. We go from one extreme to the other with the weather. After the art fair Greg washed my car for me so it's all nice and clean for our trip. Then I vacuumed and cleaned out the inside really good, only for it to get trashed this week I'm sure.

Sunday I had some last minute errands to run before vacation so while I did that Greg and the kids went with his mom to see Shrek Forever After. I really wanted to see it, but I didn't have time Sunday. I figured they might as well go and I could get stuff done faster alone. Plus we're all big Shrek fans so I'm sure the kids won't mind seeing it again if I decide to go. They had a good time and really enjoyed the movie. Then Sunday night was bunco night. My friend Ahna was hostessing and the theme was "May flowers." I wasn't a big winner, but did come home with a couple baby bunco prizes. It was a smaller group of us this time so it went pretty fast. Which was actually good because I still had packing to do. Next month is my month to hostess so looking forward to that. Thanks to Ahna for hostessing!

Now to today and it's been last minute packing, laundry, and getting the car loaded. I think we're pretty much ready to go in the a.m. except for packing those last minute items and the cooler. Wish us luck on this road trip with two kids. I hope I can stay sane and the kids do good! We're really looking forward to seeing family in Arizona. If you don't remember, my aunt and uncle live in Tucson and my cousin is getting married on June 3rd. Greg is photographing the wedding and it's sure to be a good time! I'm not sure when I'll be on to blog again, but when I have the opportunity to I most definitely will update you about our trip. Arizona, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment