LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wednesday Wrap Up & Then Some

Well, I said I'd be back Thursday and here it is Thursday so it's time to get blogging. Yesterday was a busy day as expected, and I felt like I never stopped until about 10:30pm last night. The kids and I hit the road at 9am and headed for Grand Rapids. I pretty much saw a bunch of orange on my trip there. The construction was everywhere. That of course slowed us down, but we made it in time for me to drop the kids at my mom's and I hoped right back in the car to get to my hair appointment at my friend Rochelle's. I got a cut and color and boy did it make a big difference. I felt like a new woman! It's crazy how a simple thing like a haircut can lift your spirits and make you feel good. I'm now a blonde so I guess it's time to have more fun, right? I got blonde highlights and I always have Rochelle do them a little heavy to last a little longer. It's always a shock at first, but soon I'll forget I even have them.

While I was getting my hair done my mom took the kids to lunch. She already had plans to meet some retiree friends so since I needed her to watch the kids, they went along. They loved lunch with grandma since she let them get chocolate milk AND macaroni & cheese. The two things I don't let them get often when we're out to eat. All the retirees loved the kids and they kept telling my mom how well mannered my kids were so that was really nice to hear. I had plans to meet my friend Missy for lunch at On The Border (my favorite place when we're in Grandville). It was so nice to catch up with her and I finally got to meet her little boy Ryan. He's 21 months and I had never met him. That's how long it's been since we've seen each other. Missy used to live by us, but moved to Grand Haven a couple years ago. This was the perfect "in the middle" spot to meet. We're going to try real hard to get together again this summer and make a trip to Grand Haven with the kids. Her daughter Sarah couldn't come to lunch because she was in school so Evan was bummed he didn't get to see her.

Before we headed back home we made a quick trip to the mall. Evan wanted an animal pillow like Emme has to take on the trip. He had asked grandma to take him when we came to visit so she did. He originally wanted a doggy pillow, but ended up changing his mind and got a moose pillow. He absolutely loves it so thank you grandma, from Evan. Since Emmaline already has a ladybug pillow she gets to pick something at a later time, maybe while we're in Arizona. The kids also got goody bags from grandma of things to do in the car and while we're out in Arizona. They love all their stuff so thanks again grandma from Evan and Em.

After I got back from GR I was soon right back in the car and headed out to Holt for my UL Road Show Party. My friend Jenny who is the UL demonstrator that I signed up under was hostessing it. It was a great evening and it was so nice to actually meet someone from the UL headquarters. Unfortunately there was a terrible accident on I-96 yesterday and Ben from UL got caught in backed up traffic. The highway was closed in both directions and traffic got rerouted. So he ended up getting there an hour late so it was a little bit longer evening that I had planned. By the time I got out of there it was 10pm and didn't get home until almost 10:30pm. I was glad I went though and we even got to go home with some freebies. There were also some giveaways, but I wasn't lucky enough to get my name drawn. Bummer.

That brings us to today and I've been doing laundry and packing. Late this afternoon I took Evan to get his haircut finally and I walked out of there so mad. They did a shitty job and cut it way too short. It was a big waste of my $10. I could have done it better this time. Usually they do a good job, but this time, NOT. The gal asked me if I wanted her to use the same number on the shaver as last time and I said yes. She started cutting and I was thinking it was looking shorter than normal. I asked her if she was sure she had the right number and she said yes. By that time she had cut so fast that it was too late. The rest needed to be the same. Come to find out she's like "Well I have an older shaver so mine cuts a little shorter than others." Nice time to tell me. I was so ticked. So now when were' going on vacation and have a wedding and want pictures, my poor Evan has a haircut that he doesn't like either. I felt so bad for him. He's like, "Mom, I don't like it." I was about in tears. I know it's just hair and it grows, but of all times, ugh! It still looks fine, but he just doesn't look like "my Ev." There are some uneven parts and Greg wasn't happy either so I called to talk to a manager when I got home, but she's not in until Saturday. I swear! Usually Ev's hair grows fast so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it does by two weeks. Of course this will probably be the time with my luck that it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment