LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Blogging Anniversary

Today is May 4th, and while this day has never been significant for me, now it is! Today is my one year blogging anniversary! Happy Anniversary to me! Can you believe it? For one year now and 270 posts, I've rambled on about the day to day happenings in our nest, shared recipes, and tons of pictures of my wonderful, amazing children.

When I first decided to give this blogging thing a go, I wasn't sure how long it would last? Would I have readers? Would I enjoy it? What would I write about? Would I stick with it? Sure enough as time went on, I had followers, I enjoyed blogging immensely, I had plenty to write about, and yes I've stuck with it. While I don't blog everyday, I still think I'm doing pretty good. At times blogging can be time consuming, and while I do enjoy it, I've also got other things to do in my life. Blogging is a great outlet though for me since I'm home all day with little one's. It's my way to connect to family and friends, and to have an "adult conversation" without actually "talking." I've come to see blogging as my hobby. While I've never been one to write in a journal, I've found typing on the computer to share my families day-to-day activities to be quite relaxing and enjoyable. Maybe it's because in journaling I'm only writing to myself, and with blogging I'm writing to numerous people. I'm able to share my thoughts and joys in my life with others. So thanks to all of you who are reading. Without my readers, I'd feel like I might be wasting my time!

I've come to surprise myself with how computer savvy I am with using Blogger. I have to admit I had a lot of tips from my friend Ann who also blogs (thanks Ann!) when I got started, but I've managed to figure out some things on my own as well. It's been a learning journey for me, and one that I'm happy I got involved in. I'm glad that I've been able to share so many exciting things that have happened in our "nest," as well as provide you with a meal idea when you've been in a rut with your cooking. This blog has also been a great way for me personally to reflect on things that have happened in our lives as a family, as well as see how my two wonderful children have grown. Looking back through the posts, it's hard to believe how much my children have grown over the year. They're getting bigger way to fast!

So here's to a year of blogging under my belt, and I'm excited to begin my second year and share with you whatever life brings. I'm sure I'll have much to tell about my children and husband, as I'm blessed to have a wonderful family to write about. I hope to have some new recipes to share with you as well. One part of my blogging I really enjoy is your comments. Lately they've been a little scarce so I'm hoping you'll start leaving me comments again. I really truly do read them and enjoy hearing what you have to say. It's my way of knowing I've connected with all you readers. I hope you all have enjoyed reading as much as I've enjoyed blogging. Hopefully you've come to know my family and me a little better. Thanks to my family who have been supportive of my blogging, and to my children for letting me take so many pictures of them. Without them, I wouldn't be blogging! If there are any suggestions for my blog I gladly welcome them! Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - one year already - congratulations! The time sure has gone fast. I've enjoyed keeping up with your life and reading about what your family is up to! Here's to another year and lots more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann! I enjoy reading your blog too. I'm excited to hear all the new baby news in a couple months.

    ReplyDelete