LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, May 2, 2010

End Of The School Year & Bike Racing

Here we are at Sunday night again and I've fallen behind on my blogging. Thursday was a busy day and my little guy finished the school year. Emmaline and I went in to school to wrap up the library cart and then we stayed for the afternoon in Evan's class. It was pajama & movie day on the last day of school. The kids got to come to school in their pj's and watch a movie and eat popcorn! Evan was so excited to wear pj's to school. He got up in the morning and changed out of one pair of pj's into another. Since Emmaline and I were going to stay for movie day, she wanted to wear her pj's to school too. Here's Evan and Em in their pj's when we got to school.

It's movie time! The kids got to watch Toy Story.
A little bit after the movie got started, it was popcorn time. Emmaline was right there with the rest of them watching the movie and sharing in some popcorn!
Here's Evan with his teacher Ms. Schulze. We're going to miss her and the MSU Child Development Lab. It's been a great two years there and Evan's really grown a lot!
Here is Evan with Ms. Thelen, his student teacher this semester.

On Friday I helped out with the teacher luncheon the parent council puts on for all the teachers at the end of the school year. They ask for donations of food, as well as help from parents for the luncheon. I made an Oriental salad and offered my help to set up and clean up at the luncheon. It was a nice time for all the teachers and all those who help get to enjoy the luncheon and good food as well. My salad was a hit. I'll have to post the recipe tomorrow. There was lots of tasty food and the parent council got all the teachers a beautiful floral arrangement to take home. They were very unique arrangements and a huge hit with the teachers. Absolutely beautiful! Here's a picture of the arrangements, I think you'll agree!


Greg had the day off on Friday so he took the kids to the park while I was at the luncheon. It was an absolutely beautiful day. It got up to 80 here! I was so loving it. When I got home from the luncheon I found Greg replacing our screen on the patio door. It's so nice to have a screen door again. It got ripped at the bottom from a Miss Emmaline last summer. We figured there was no use in replacing it before winter. Then when we had some warm days here and there in March & April I was wishing it was fixed so I could open the patio door. We finally got the replacement screen a few weeks ago, and now finally got it fixed. Thanks honey for getting it done!

Yesterday we did a little shopping for wedding clothes for our trip out west. I think I finally found Emmaline a dress. Evan was having fun trying on dress clothes and while we had an outfit for him I got awhile back, I think we decided to go a different route and found him something today. He wanted something that looked like what Greg was going to wear. Yesterday also brought about a day Greg and I, among others have been waiting for years- Smoke free in restaurants and bars! Yipeee! I'm so excited that I will no longer have to sit in "second hand" smoking when we are at a restaurant. It seems like more times than not, when we're out to eat we always get the seat right on the edge of smoking/non-smoking. I hate it, but no more will we have to deal with it!

Today Greg had his first bike race of the season. It was at Ft. Custer near Battle Creek. We had all planned to go and Evan was going to do the kid's race, but then when we heard the forecast called for rain our plans changed. I wasn't into sitting in the rain with two kids while Greg raced so the kids and I ended up staying home. We missed watching Greg race and Evan racing, but I'm sure he'll do a couple more this summer. It might have been a good thing we didn't go though because Greg did a little better than last year and he got 10th place. Nice job honey! So that's our long weekend! Now we're into the month of May can you believe it! Happy May!

No comments:

Post a Comment