LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Am I Coming Or Going?

Here we are almost to the middle of May and in less than two weeks we'll be on the road. I've got a million things to do on my "to-do" list before we leave and now it seems to be crunch time. I know you're probably thinking, "Isn't two weeks enough time to get ready for a three week trip?" Well, it should be, but when next week is almost completely booked, I feel like I really don't have two weeks. Remember, I told you last month I booked a UL party in Grandville for May. Well that date is fast approaching and is next Tuesday. (I'm starting to regret it a little, but no turning back now. I'm getting my hair done while I'm there so that is an added bonus!) So I'll be in GR next Tuesday and part of Wed. Then when I get back Wednesday I've got another UL party to go to with other demonstrators. It's called the UL Road Show and someone from Uppercase Living is actually coming to the Lansing area to do a show. I'll have to tell you more about it next week. Then Molly has to go to the vet on Thursday. Rounding it all out, next weekend is basically shot with the Conan O'Brien show we got tickets for, the East Lansing Art Festival, and finishing up with bunco Sunday night. I know priorities right, but a girl has to have fun!

I've got a list of errands I need to run, and did get some of those done today. However, I left the house two times today forgetting stuff so that wasted time going back home one of the times to get something I needed to return. I've been shopping for wedding clothes for well over two months off and on and just when I thought I was done last week, I wasn't. The boys seem harder to shop for than the girls in the family. Who knew when you go to get a size 5 pant and it's a little tight for Evan that when you go to exchange it for a 6 and get home, it's even tighter? Seriously, that's my luck. I figured I was safe not having him try the 6 on because if the size 5 fit tight, a size 6 should be perfect. I swear the pants are marked wrong because Evan can't even button the size 6. So back to the store I go this week sometime. I seriously don't know if I'm coming or going half the time and I'm all mixed up on my days. Last Thursday I thought it was Friday, and today I thought it was Tuesday. Yes, it's actually Wednesday in case any of you were wondering.

I'm also trying to get the house all cleaned, laundry done, and sometime yard work done if this weather would ever cooperate. Our lawn seriously needs to be cut. I hate coming home to a messy house so I'd like to have things in order and bathrooms cleaned, house dusted and vacuumed, and toys picked up before we leave. I also need to have clean clothes to pack so that means getting all the laundry baskets emptied and clothes put away (which I'm keeping on top of pretty well). I will try to keep up with the blogging best I can, but if you don't hear from me everyday you know why. One thing before I go tonight. I'm bummed that my busy May won't be filled with "Be A Tourist In Your Town." Remember last year we took a tour of the Breslin Center, visited the bug house, etc.? Well "Be A Tourist" this year is happening a little bit later and is the first week of June. We'll be in Arizona so we'll be missing it. That's o.k. though because we'll be having a good time I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment