LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, May 3, 2010

Oriental Salad

It's been awhile since I've posted a recipe on here so as promised, here's the recipe for the Oriental Salad I made for the teacher luncheon last week. I've had different versions of this salad several times, but have never actually made it. This recipe my friend Liana made a couple months ago for bunco. For my first time making it, I have to say it turned out quite tasty and it was a hit at the teacher luncheon!

Oriental Salad

Brown and set aside
1 cup of sliced almonds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup butter

Mix together and chill:

1 bunch Bok Choy - chopped
1 sm. head of cabbage - chopped
5 green onions - chopped
2 pkgs. oriental Ramen noodles - crushed

Dressing
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup sugar
1 T. soy sauce
2 pkgs. seasoning from Ramen noodles
1 cup canola oil
Stir until dissolved.

1 hour prior to serving, add toasted almond mixture and dressing to salad mixture. Can also add chicken or shrimp to salad if desired.

* I actually used those Almond Accents found in the produce section and they tasted really good. I added a little more green onions too. Note: Do not make too far in advance as the dressing will make the ramen noodles less crunchy. (I don't mind it like that as leftovers, but if serving for the first time I recommend waiting to add the dressing.)

Serves: Tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment