LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Potty Training & Catching The Stove On Fire

It's time to catch you up on the past couple of days and ending with my excitement this evening. Saturday I told you I had bunco at the house. I'm the June hostess and when I picked that month I was thinking it would be fun to have a summer month. I didn't know how busy people get already this early in the summer though. I got a good amount of yes rsvp's and a whole lot of no's with people saying they're going to be out of town. It was quite the bummer as I had good prizes picked out and good food planned. I exhausted the sub list and then some, but it just turned out it was a bad weekend to have bunco. I really didn't have any other choice, but to have it on Saturday since we were gone the beginning of the month and then it was Father's Day weekend. Oh well, it happens. We ended up having seven people to play which still worked, but just not as much money and prizes to win. In the end though I won $30 and actually had two big buncos which means I won table prizes, but since I was the hostess I didn't take the table prizes. The food and company was great and tomorrow I will post my recipe for the awesome Sangria I made. For those of you who wanted the Oriental Salad recipe that's already on here. I forgot to take pictures throughout the night, but I did take some of the table prizes and food. The theme was "Summer Fun" so the prizes had to do with summer.

Picnic Blanket
Beach Towel & Mugs (The kind you put in the freezer)
S'mores KitThe spread of food! Yum!
Thanks to all the ladies that showed up. It's always nice to gather with the girls and eat, drink, play bunco, and gab!

The kids stayed with Greg's mom Saturday night so while I had bunco Greg was working on the wedding pictures from Arizona. Hopefully not too much longer family members who are patiently waiting. Sunday we were kid free for most of the day still so Greg and I went to see the movie Grown Ups. You know the movie with Adam Sandler, Keving James, Chris Rock, Davis Spade, and Rob Schneider. Totally hilarious! We loved it and laughed the whole way through. You really can't go wrong with those five in a movie. It was nice to see a non-cartoon for a change! I highly recommend it if you want a good laugh!

Yesterday didn't bring about too much of anything exciting. Greg went for an eye exam for the first time in years. Ends up he needs glasses which he kind of knew. Also yesterday I decided to make Emme a potty chart so we can try and conquer this whole potty training thing. She was doing good going on the potty when one of us took her then before vacation she didn't want anything to do with it. I would really like her to be done with diapers before her birthday. So we made the sticker chart and stuck with it diligently yesterday. She gets a sticker if she goes when she's on the potty, a sticker if she keeps her diaper or pull-up dry in between times going on the potty, and at the end of the week if she does good she gets to play with play-do (which I absolutely hate because it gets everywhere), but that's what she chose so I'm sticking with it. She also gets M&M's if she goes #1 & #2. She didn't do too bad yesterday.

Today was a little bit of a struggle, but she went a few times. I decided after her nap to put some panties on her to see how she would do, and she did good with those on and didn't wet them at all. I kept asking her like every 5 minutes if she needed to go and I kept getting a no. Then it was time to start dinner so I told her to come get me while I was making dinner if she needed to go. I decided to make up some homemade shortcake for dessert tonight since I had a bunch of strawberries left from bunco night. I got the batter mixed up and dropped spoonfuls on the cookie sheet. I was waiting for the oven to warm up and had the cookie sheet sitting on top of the stove. Emme came into the kitchen and said, "I need to use the potty mommy." I got so excited that she came to tell me (while she was wearing panties no less). I said o.k. just a second, as I turned the burner on to start boiling some water for dinner. We hurried to the potty and she went right away. Yeah for Emme!!! As we got in the bathroom Greg walked in from work. He went right into the kitchen and thank goodness he did. The cookie sheet with the shortcake on it was burning. I had turned the wrong burner on before I took Emme to the potty. There happened to be a paper towel under the cookie sheet which I don't remember being there and so it was on fire a little bit. Thank goodness he walked in when he did or things could of been worse, I bout burned the kitchen down. I guess I've learned my lesson to not try to do so many things at once especially when it involves trying to cook and get Em to the potty in time. Here's hoping Emme does better tomorrow with the potty and we can get a hang on this potty training really soon! I really thought she'd have it mastered by now. I was always told girls are easier to potty train than boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment