LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Our New Purchase & Sangria Recipe

On Sunday while Greg and I had a little free time without kids we went to the furniture store to look at couches again. We've been doing this off and on for a few months now. We decided that instead of getting each other an anniversary present for the sake of getting an anniversary present we'd get ourselves a couch for our anniversary. It's something we've both been wanting, and after I looked up what the 9th year gift is it seemed to liked it was meant to be. The modern gift for 9th anniversary is leather goods. Designer handbags was also listed as a modern gift for the 9th year, but Greg wasn't going for that. So with that said we went with a leather couch. After debating for awhile at the store between two different leather couches we finally made a decision and chose one. It was delivered today and WOW what a difference it makes in our living room. It really gives the room a whole different look and I like it! We moved the old couch downstairs which Evan is pretty excited about. Here's a look at our new purchase. I didn't really like the pillows it came with when we were at the store, but now I'm having second thoughts. I'm going to have to take a little time to decide if I want to keep them or not. They actually kind of pull the red from our kitchen in. What do you think?


In other news... as promised here's the awesome sangria recipe I promised that I told you I served at bunco the other night!

Super Fruity Sangria

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 1 Bottle of your favorite white wine ( I recommend a Pinot Grigio) You can use a red wine if you choose)
  • 1 Lemon cut into wedges
  • 1 Orange cut into wedges
  • 1 Lime cut into wedges
  • 1 Peach cut into wedges
  • 1 Cup sliced strawberries
  • 1/2 Cup lemonade or limeade (I used Minute Maid light lemonade)
  • 1/2 Cup Sugar
  • 2 shots of apricot, peach or "berry" flavored brandy (or you can use peach schnapps which is what I used)
  • 2 Cups ginger ale
  • Optional: one can of diced pineapple pieces with juice ( I omitted this)

Preparation:

Pour wine in the pitcher and squeeze the juice wedges from the lemon, orange and lime into the wine. Toss in the fruit wedges (leaving out seeds if possible) and add sliced peaches, strawberries limeade/lemonade, sugar and brandy. Chill overnight. Add ginger ale and ice just before serving.

If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled white wine and serve over lots of ice.

NOTE: Chilling overnight allows for the maximum flavor which I recommend. Also, I suggest putting the strawberries in at the end with the ginger ale and ice because they get mushy. I got this recipe from my friend Eileen (she found it on About.com:wine)who also had served it at bunco. It was a real hit then as it was at my bunco the other night.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful couch Lisa, and I actually think the pillows are nice. The print on them is fun! I have two sets of pillows for my couch that I change out every once in a while to give the room a slightly different look.

    I'm going to have to keep this sangria recipe in mind. Some day, when I can drink again, I'm going to have to make it. I love sangria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann! I'm thinking I like the pillows more as I look at them. I'm a little picky on sangria as I'm not much of a red wine drinker so I'm not super crazy about red sangria, but this one really is delicious. I actually made two batches and 7 of us went through it ALL. I know lushes, right? LOL.

    ReplyDelete