LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Evan Is Seven!

New Year's Eve is a special day around here. It's not just New Year's Eve with celebrating the end of the year and ringing in the New Year. Since 1999 it's been a day to remember. It's the day that Greg and I got engaged. Crazy to think that was 12 years ago. Who would of thunk that five years later, that special day would become even more special? It's the day that Evan came into this world, and I am truly blessed that he did. I knew I would love my child dearly, but I never knew how much I was capable of loving. It hasn't always been sunshine and roses with Evan (we all remember how colicky he was as a baby), but it doesn't change the amount of love I have for Evan. He'll always be my little boy, but as of December 31, 2011, Evan turned seven, and I just can't believe it. Where have the last seven years gone? He's growing up way too fast! I'm such a proud mom of Evan. He's a good kid, he does well in school, he's kind, generous, friendly, loving, funny, and he's my Spartan buddy. I get to call him my son, and I'm thankful he's mine. I can only hope that as the years go on and life gets tougher he remains that same kid that he's become over the last seven years.

Evan's been wanting to have a Spartan room, so this year for his birthday I told him we'd redo his room. It's been a tough decision because since we built this house and did his room he had a very nice mural painted on his wall. His room was a "surfer doggy" room, and I really loved his mural. However, I've kind of know for awhile that it was time to move on. It seemed as though he kind of outgrew it awhile ago. So as much as I hated to paint over it, I stuck to my word and we painted his room over winter break. I originally thought of doing two walls white and two walls green, but with the white trim in our house I didn't want white walls with white trim. So then we thought about doing it all green. We had a hard time picking the right green, but finally we all decided on one that everyone liked. Evan didn't want his room too dark though with all green walls so we started with painting over the two blue walls and leaving the tan walls. We decided it didn't look Spartan enough so we opted to go with a light gray for the other two walls. I showed Evan a few gray samples and he chose one. We're really pleased with how the whole room turned out. It looks great! After three comforters, we finally found one that looks good with the walls and the bedding all matches. You would think when you buy a bed in a bag set that it would all match, but the one we had the shams didn't match the comforter. Ugh! Then the comforter he got for Christmas didn't match the sheets that went with it. Ugh again! I ordered one from JC Penney, and although it didn't come with sheets, it matches the sheet set he got for Christmas great and looks good with the walls so we're going with it.

The room is done for the most part. We've hung a few pics, and got his bedding on. I also found a new lamp for his table, and hung a new shelf for his autographed balls. I still need to get a couple of his jerseys framed and decide on which other pictures I want to frame. It's been a little longer process than I thought it would be, but it's getting there. I'll post pics soon.

We had his birthday party last weekend with close friends and family. Evan wanted a Detroit Tigers party. It was fun, and we appreciate everyone coming to help him celebrate. We're also having a second birthday party this weekend with his school friends. I don't normally do two birthday parties, but this was a good deal I couldn't pass up. More on that later. Until then... wishing my little guy some belated happy birthday wishes since I didn't blog on New Year's Eve. Here's to a great year of being seven Evan! We love you more than you'll ever know! Here's a few pic from his party!

The birthday boy all set for the party in his Tigers gear!
I discovered that one of the 1st grade teachers, Ms. Charnley, at Ev's school makes cakes. Evan and I looked through some pictures and put some ideas together and came up with this cake that she made. It was a big hit at the party! He loved his Tigers cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment