LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Twitter & Spartan Love

I decided a few weeks ago to get on the Twitter bandwagon. I figured I'd check it out and see what it's all about. I actually had a twitter account from a couple years ago, but never used it. Now that I'm back on it seems to be more fun than it was before. I think maybe having a Smart Phone makes it more useful. It's a great way to get up to date news quickly. Click on the app on your Smart Phone and everyone that you follow comes up in your news feed. Sort of like Facebook, but yet different. I follow things like The Today Show, WILX (our local NBC News), NBC Nightly News, Breaking News, Ellen, Katie Couric to name a few. Then of course I follow MSU Football and along with that I started following some of the football players while they were down in Tampa for the week before the bowl game. I have to tell you, those boys are funny! I've gotten quite a bit of laughs from all the tweets. If you don't know, I've got a little innocent crush on former MSU football player B.J. Cunningham. He's got the all time greatest smile among athletes! :) He's even replied to one of my tweets. Let's just say the boy loves Chipotle! LOL. I also tweeted Keith Nichol when they were in Tampa asking for a birthday tweet for Evan on his birthday. Sure enough the boy tweeted me back "Happy Birthday Evan!" I couldn't believe it. Evan was so excited, as was I. Now I've got a little Twitter addiction. I can't believe all I'd be missing if I hadn't gotten on Twitter. If you're on Twitter follow me @Spartanfan4ever!

You all know how much I love my Spartans! There's nothing but green and white in this household. I want to go back for a minute and give a shout out to the Spartan Football team. On January 2nd, MSU played in the Outback Bowl in Tampa. Oh how I would have loved to been there. We weren't though so we watched in from our living room. Our friend Brenda came over to watch the game with us. It was a weird game, not the game I expected. I knew how much MSU wanted to win a bowl game, especially the seniors. It was Dantonio's fifth straight bowl appearance with the Spartans, but he had yet to win a bowl game. The Spartan's were down 16-0 at halftime, but I had this feeling that I knew it wasn't over. I had a good feeling that they would rally back in the second half. That's exactly what they did and took the game right up to the end to tie it up. After three exciting OT's the Spartans won the game with a blocked field goal. FINALLY, MSU won a bowl game with Dantonio. A much deserved win for the team, seniors, and Dantonio.

On Tuesday, Jan. 3rd the football team returned to East Lansing. Well, almost all the team. Some of the seniors that graduated in December went onto their hometowns, but for the most part a majority of the team returned. I was a little bummed because I thought there would be a celebration at Breslin Tuesday night like there was in 2010 after MSU won the Big Ten Championship. However, late that Tuesday morning I heard the team was coming back at 1:30pm and there would be a welcome back at the Skandalaris Football Building. I debated about going because the kids were in school. I didn't really want to take them out of school on their first day back. So after I dropped Em off at school I decided I'd swing by and see what was going on. There were a few people, but not many. I ran a couple errands and came back closer to 1:30pm. There were more people there, maybe 50 so it wasn't too bad. I happened to grab Evan's football and Kirk Cousins jersey right before I walked out the door. I was hoping for a few autographs and with not many people there I figured I had a pretty good chance. So with that said, the team was a little late getting back, it ended up being about 2:15pm when the buses arrived. It was so great to see the team and coaches and the big smiles on their faces still excited about their big win against Georgia. Evan's football already had some player's autographs, but their were a handful of names that I still wanted to get on his special football. Two of them were Keshawn Martin & Edwin Baker which I managed to get. B.J. Cunningham & Jerel Worthy didn't come back on the bus, and I missed LeVeon Bell. I also was able to get Ev's Kirk Cousins jersey signed which I was so excited about. I was so glad I grabbed it at the last minute before I walked out the door. Greg was there taking some pics for work so he also took my pic with Cousins and Coach D. I didn't really want my picture taken, but now I'm glad that I did. I was glad I decided to go to campus and check out the "welcome back" as well. It was definitely worth it.

When I picked Ev up from school I told him about the players coming back and he was so bummed he didn't get to go. So was I because I would have been able to get his pic with lots of the players. He was super excited though when I showed him his football and especially his #8 jersey signed by Cousins! Check him out!
Although MSU lost some great players with the seniors leaving, and a couple turning pro early, I can't wait to see what 2012 brings for the Spartan team. It's only January, and I'm already for college football to start! Go State!

No comments:

Post a Comment