LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Where Do I Start

I'm trying to face the fact that blogging has been put on the back burner a lot lately, and it's become something that when I get to it, I get to it. I've either been busy or too tired to blog. I have to get over trying to get caught up and just start blogging about the now. So after tonight's post, I'm going to just try to write about very recent stuff and quit trying to go back and back and back and see if I can remember what we did three weeks ago. Then maybe I can get this blog current again. We'll see how that goes.

So with that said, over the last two weeks I've been busy having an online garage sale so to speak. The UL gals have a couple of Facebook pages where we buy/sell/swap UL items. Then we also have a Facebook page where we can buy/sell non-UL items called the UL Bargain Page. Many of the girls have been selling items on there for quite some time. I've posted a few things here and there over the last few months. Then I saw on there a couple weeks ago, there was an interest in kids clothes. Of course I've got a ton of kids clothes! I posted on the page what sizes people were interested in, and from there I began to get all the tubs out of the basement. Plus I had some bags of items in Em's closet I had recently bagged up that no longer fit her. When it comes to garage sale set up, I'm a little anal about the way it's organized. So surprise there was no difference when I decided to post items on the UL Bargain page. Most of the stuff was organized in tubs by sizes, but I had to take everything out and take pics of each item. I posted many albums and sorted them by boys and girls, as well as by different sizes. It took some time to lay everything out, photograph it, upload the pics, and post on the FB page, and write a description and price. However it was well worth most of my time because I've sold a lot of stuff. I figured it's to cold to go outside now so I can do it from the warmth and comfort of my home so why not. It's less stuff I have to set up when I have a garage sale in the spring. By then I'll want to be outside with the kids anyway so it'll be a little less time I'll have to spend in the garage come garage sale time! The only little downfall of it is that I have to figure shipping on the items. Since most of us are buying from or selling to girls in other states we charge shipping as well. I package the items up, and then take them to the post office to check shipping rates. I've become good friends with the self serve postage kiosk. So convenient! It's not too bad when I can take a bunch of packages at once and check shipping rates. Sometimes though there's package here and there so I have to make a special trip, but thankfully the post office is on the way to school so I don't have to go out of my way!

Selling the kids clothes brought on a new project. The UL gals were also looking for women's and men's clothes so I decided to clean out my closet. It's been a long overdue project and I'm so glad I did it. There were clothes in there I knew I'd never wear again, and stuff I didn't even know I had. Greg also went through his clothes. We've got heaping piles sitting in the loft. I haven't sold any of the men's clothes, but I have sold some of my stuff. It feels really good to get rid of some of this stuff, and to make some money while I'm doing it. I still have some other things in the closet to go through- shoes, purses, etc., but the big part of it is done. It's nice to have some extra space in the closet, and I'm excited to get a few new things this spring. Next up is cleaning out the kitchen cabinets again because there's a couple cabinets that are a mess!

So that's been a majority of my time spent the last couple weeks. While I'm trying to save some of the money I've made from my online sales, we did have a kid free night a week ago Friday so we went out for a change. We had planned to go to dinner and out for drinks with our neighbors Jim and Kate, but then Jim forgot Kate was going to be gone for dance competition. So we ended up just going to dinner with Jim. We went to Harrison Roadhouse. Hadn't been there in forever and it sounded good. Then the three of us headed to Lou & Harry's and met up with our friend Brenda. It ended up being a fabulously fun night. A little too fun because I ended up drinking a little too much! Jim introduced us to the "Bomb Pop" shot, and it was downhill from there. So so yummy! It's like the red, white, and blue popsicle, you used to get as a kid! Very addicting! I ended up with a hangover the next morning. I don't remember the last time I had a hangover, but it had been a very loooong time! It was slow moving on Saturday for me that's for sure. I can't tell ya how much I laughed though Friday night and enjoyed hanging with friends! Fun times... fun memories! I have a couple more things to share from last week, and then I'm moving onto this week I promise. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment