LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Right Place At The Right Time

Love, love, love my Spartans!!! Yes, you already know that by now. It's true though, I'm almost convinced my blood really is green. Haha! This happened awhile ago, but it's the background to tonight's story. A few weeks ago we went to Champps for dinner. We were almost done eating and I happened to look around and noticed Kirk Cousins a few tables over with his family. I said something to Evan and he was immediately ecstatic. First words out of his mouth, "I want to go meet him and say "hi." Ever since I got his football signed back in January when the team came back from the Outback Bowl, Evan's wanted to really meet him more than ever (Remember he was in school back then and couldn't go to the welcome back). Anyhow, I told Evan if he wanted to quickly walk by on our way out and say "hi" that we could do that. They didn't have their dinner yet so we weren't interrupting their meal. Greg didn't want anything to do with it, he thought I was nuts (what's new, LOL). So we walked over to his table, and Evan was such a big boy and said, "Hi Kirk, I just wanted to wish you luck in the NFL Draft." Kirk was so generous and started talking to Evan. Asked Evan what his name is, how old he was, and a number of other things. His parents and brother started talking to us too. I've got to say, what a very very nice family. They all thought Evan was pretty cool, and thanked him for stopping by. As we were about to leave Kirk's mom said, "If you leave me your address, I'll send Evan some pics of Kirk." Wow, really? So we did, and of course for days Evan kept asking when we would get those pics. I don't remember now how long it was, but probably about a week and a half to two weeks and finally the pics came in the mail. Here they are! Way cool. Perfect for Evan's Spartan room!


Since there was a return address on the envelope I told Evan he needed to write Mrs. Cousins and Kirk a thank you card. He made the most adorable Spartan thank you card, and I'm kicking myself now that I didn't take a pic of it. He even drew a picture of him and Kirk in football uniforms. Too cute! A week or so ago he mentioned the card and wondered if they got it. Of course I didn't know for sure, but I told him I bet they did. So now to tonight's story...

Wednesday night is ballet night, and we usually go to dinner with Greg's mom after. We were trying to decide where to go and ended up deciding on Hannah's (place I've mentioned before that we usually go to for breakfast) which is right by dance. So we walked across the parking lot, and I saw these two really big guys get out of a car. I had this instinct they were football players, and next thing I know, I see Kirk Cousins walking from in between a couple cars. Guess who got excited? Well yes me, (that's a given) but Evan was all giddy. He didn't see us, but I politely said, "Excuse me Kirk, (he turned around) do you remember Evan from Champps?" He said, "Of course I do," and immediately said, "Thanks Evan for that really awesome thank you card. I really liked it." Let's just say it made the kid's day! Kirk then asked us if we were going to dinner, and Evan said, "We're going to Hannah's, where are you going?" Kirk told us Pizza House (which is right next door), and said, "The team is eating there tonight, you should come over. You can meet some of the guys." While we like Hannah's, Evan quickly decided that it wasn't happening tonight and we were eating at Pizza House. I was cool with that. :)

We headed in, Kirk held the door for us. What a gentleman! We asked to sit over by the football players, and when we say down we saw a huge buffet of food set up. There were a few guys there already, and more trickled in little by little (or should I say big by big). These guys are huge! We placed our order and then Evan was eager to go say hi. I took him over by Kirk and as we walk up, Kirk says, "Hi Evan. Guys, this is Evan. He's a big Spartan fan! Loves football." Ahhh yes, my boy getting all the attention from Kirk and the boyzzzz! Lovin' every minute of it. Of course I was too! It was also amazing to see what these guys eat. The amount of food on their plates (most had more than one plate) was incredible. I can't even imagine what that bill was for the athletic department. We sat back down and a few minutes later some more players came in, and then more, and more. You get the point. Some of my boyzzzz that I follow on Twitter had come in, and Evan really wanted to get a picture with them. They were packing to-go boxes so when they got done and were heading out, Evan went up to them and asked for a picture. They graciously said yes so here they are!
Evan and LeVeon Bell
Evan with Darqueze Dennard, Kurtis Drummond, & Johnny Adams

It was all about being in the right place at the right time tonight. Such a fun night out for dinner. Definitely have a happy boy tonight. When I got home tonight, I tweeted the boyzzzz Evan took a picture with. So far two have tweeted me back and both retweeted my tweet to all their followers. Awesome! It's moments like this that I love living in East Lansing. Being so close to campus has allowed us to experience some things that many kids dream of. It's also part of the reason why I love my Spartans so much. They really love Spartan Nation and are so warm and welcoming to fans. Thanks guys for making my kid's night. Seeing the joy on Evan's face tonight warmed my heart. I'm pretty sure that kid has green blood too!

No comments:

Post a Comment