LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Four Christmases

Another week has passed and we're approaching the end of the year. We've had four Christmases and it looks like our house was hit by a tornado! I can't even keep up with getting this place cleaned. Every time I get one part of the house picked up, I turn around and it's a mess again. I'm fighting a battle that I don't see me winning anytime soon. Ugh. Where to put all the new stuff requires reorganizing and/or getting rid of stuff.

Our Christmas started with celebrating Christmas Eve with Greg's mom. We headed over to her house that morning and she made us homemade cinnamon rolls. Yummy! The kids were of course anxious to open their Christmas presents. They managed to tear through everything in no time. Ev's big surprise was a new bike. He couldn't wait to try it out so boots, helmet, and all he was out in the snow riding his new bike.

Em was so excited that she got her Barbie "Moustache," a.k.a. Barbie Mustang. She's going to have a blast this spring/summer cruising around the neighborhood. We all got a lot of nice things and I ended up getting the most wanted item on my "wish list," a new camera. Woo hoo, I'm back in business snapping away photos of the kiddos! Later on we went to Bravo Cucina for dinner. It's sort of become our place to go for Christmas Eve dinner. Thanks to Greg's mom for all the Christmas goodies and dinner. Before bed on Christmas Eve we let the kids open new pj's. I think it's going to be a new Christmas tradition. I liked that they had new pj's for pictures Christmas morning. I know it's sort of a common tradition among many families, but I think it's a good one. Here's the kids opening their new pj's.

Greg read "The Night Before Christmas to the kids before Em went to bed. Evan and I sprinkled the "magic reindeer food" outside before he went to bed. We forgot to do it before Em went to bed. Evan would not go to sleep for anything Christmas Eve. Santa was ready for bed, but Evan was not. Finally about midnight he fell asleep and Santa quickly got started putting stuff out. Here's hoping next year Santa can get to bed sooner.

Christmas morning Emmaline was up about 7:30am. She had to wake her brother up and tell him it was time to get out of bed and go see what Santa brought. The kids loved all their stuff from "Santa" and us. Em got a dollhouse which she LOVES. It's not the kind I was looking for, but it's similar to one I had as a kid so I'm glad she likes it. We did Santa presents and our Christmas that morning. My wonderful kids and husband got me a KitchenAid mixer. I was very surprised. I also got some new cookie sheets so looks like I can check two more things of my wish list. We had a nice morning, the four of us. Here's a picture I snapped Christmas morning of the kids that I just love.


We headed to my dad's for Christmas there Saturday afternoon. We had a nice lunch before doing presents. Christmas number three was successful and we all got some nice things. Emmaline fell in love with her Hello Kitty pillow from grandpa & grandma. She carried that thing around all night. I didn't think to get a picture, but will have to take one some time. Thanks to my Dad & Step Mom for all the wonderful things for all of us and the tasty Christmas lunch. Evan loves his new Leapster Tag Reading Books and everything else too. Em loves all her Hello Kitty stuff, Trio blocks, and everything else too!

Sunday evening we spent Christmas with my Mom. She came down to my sisters and we had our fourth Christmas. Usually I make chicken tetrazzini for Christmas dinner, but since we did two Christmases on Christmas day it didn't work out to have it. We did appetizers/snacks that night instead. I made a new pizza dip that I ran across the week before and it was delicious. I will definitely be making it again and will be posting the recipe soon. The appetizers worked perfectly since we had a big lunch earlier. The kids opened their stuff from grandma, aunt Jen, and Kaite. They got some really nice stuff once again, as did Greg and I. Thanks to my Mom, sister and Kaite for everything. It was a nice Christmas. The kids also got some great things from Uncle Dick and Aunt Deb that they sent from Arizona. So thoughtful of them to think of the kids. Thanks Aunt Deb and Uncle Dick.

Needless to say after four Christmases and traveling, I was exhausted on Sunday and spent much of the day being lazy before we headed back home. It was nice to just do nothing after being so busy. Once again a big thanks to all our family for everything, and thanks to my wonderful husband and kids for the stuff they got me. I can't wait to use my KitchenAid. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment