LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday Evan!

Today's is a very special day in our household. Not only is it New Year's Eve, but it's my little (or maybe not so little) guy's sixth birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVAN! Where have these past six years gone? I remember the day perfectly like it was yesterday, when I held my little guy in my arms for the very first time. I was blessed with a very special little boy who has changed my life forever. I'm a very proud mom as I'm sure you can tell.

Evan's birthday celebration actually started last night with his birthday dinner from YaYa. He wanted to go to Ukai so that's where we went. He loves watching them cook the food right at the table. It was a nice dinner and Ev was super excited to finally get his Lego Fireman Boat. He didn't get it for Christmas and was waiting and waiting for it (A top item on his wish list). You can tell from the picture how excited he was about it.

Today we celebrated Evan's birthday with lunch at Qdoba. This was his choice as it's one of his favorite places lately along with Noodles & Co. Evan's got a buddy when he goes to Qdoba. One of the managers, Carolyn has watched Evan grow up. We've been going to Qdoba for many years and ever since we took Evan in there in the baby car seat Carolyn has loved seeing Evan. She would always tell us how cute he was when she saw us in there. Once he got old enough to start holding a conversation with her, Evan would talk, and talk, and talk to her. That's my boy, Mr. Social Bug! It's continued now over the years and when Em was born the same thing. Carolyn gets a joy out of seeing Evan and she's always talking to the other co-workers about him. Today Greg and Evan were gone this morning for a little bit so Emme and I met them at Qdoba. When we got there Em told Carolyn that it was Evan's birthday. She asked me if it really was and I said yes. Then she said, I'm going to run and get him a balloon before he gets here. She took off out of there and in no time was back with a "Happy Birthday" balloon for Ev. He was so excited. Such a nice gesture it was. Ev really enjoyed his birthday lunch there.

Evan wanted to play with his new birthday present this afternoon with his Daddy. He actually got it last night and he hasn't wanted to stop playing with it. It's a 10-in-1 activity table. He loves playing pool. I think his new birthday present was a good investment and we'll get a lot of use out of it. Here's Ev & Greg playing some pool.

Then tonight we went out for Evan's birthday dinner. He chose Champps and it worked out nicely. They weren't too busy yet when we went, and we got to watch the end of the Spartan basketball game so Ev enjoyed that. Finally the b-ball team pulled off a win. Their season hasn't started off too well so hopefully this is a good sign of things to come in the Big Ten season!

We've had a relaxing evening after dinner. Evan worked on building his new Lego boat, and we've just been hanging out. Evan and Greg played some more pool. Em and I have been playing with some of her new toys, and now the kids are playing nicely together while waiting for the ball to drop. Yes, that's right they're still awake. It's Ev's birthday and it's the one night of the year they both get to stay up late. We had a little mini birthday celebration with some birthday cake. Greg's mom got this cake from Sam's for him last night. We ate some of the cupcakes last night and saved the middle part for tonight.


The big cake is next weekend when Ev has his birthday party. I told Ev to go up and get his pj's on and when he came back down I had lit some candles and we sang happy birthday to him. Emmaline did an awesome job singing and was loving the chance to sing happy birthday to her big brother! Here's Emme singing and Evan getting ready to blow out his candles.


It's been a great day, and I'm pretty sure Evan has had a great birthday! Today is also special in another way. If you remember last year I told you, it's also the day Greg & I got engaged eleven years ago. It's hard to believe that 2010 is about to come to an end. It's been a pretty good year and I wish all of you health and happiness in the New Year! As I head to bed tonight after the ball drops, I'm saying my prayers that the Spartans are ready for their big game tomorrow in the Capital One Bowl. Happy New Year and Let's Go State!

No comments:

Post a Comment