LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year... 2011

Well it's official, a new year is upon us. Say goodbye to 2010 and hello 2011. That's easier said than done when it comes to writing checks for me. I know there will be a few times when I still right 2010. Hope you all had a great New Year's Eve celebration and were able to stay up for the ball drop. All four of us did, but I was in bed soon after and ended up sleeping until 9:30am this morning. Oh next week is going to be so rough getting back into a routine and off to school on time. Evan's winter break is almost over. Greg had Friday off and he's got Monday off since New Years Day fell on a Saturday. It's been nice for him and us to have some long weekends and spending time together as a family. Evan especially has loved him some extra daddy time. He and Greg even went out for a short bike ride today so Ev could try out his new bike. Evan was in his glory! They weren't out too long though because it got cold fast this afternoon. Wow, what a difference from yesterday. Only in Michigan folks it is 50 one day and in the 20's the next. Is it spring yet? All the snow melted from it being so warm yesterday and raining so I'm good with seeing the grass again (even if it's not pretty grass) and no more snow.

Today is 1/1/11, isn't that neat? The number one will be appearing a lot this year like that. Again on 1/11/11, & 11/1/11, & 11/11/11. Crazy! I've got to talk about it even though I don't want to. Today was the much anticipated bowl game for MSU, and there was so much hype about MSU playing Alabama coached by Nick Saban. I thought it was going to be a really good game and MSU really had a chance to pull it off. Well, my new year didn't start out as planned and MSU basically choked and played horrible. There were a ton of injuries as well that didn't help and it was just downright ugly, depressing, and pathetic. It was like the Iowa game all over again only worse. Kudos to Bama's defense, but along with that came some poor calls (or should I say lack there of) by the refs. Especially when MSU stopped Alabama on 3rd and 10 right on the first drive of the game and then the refs call personal foul on MSU to give Bama a 1st down. It instantly changed the momentum of the game. It sucks that MSU lost and especially to Nick Saban. Still can't stand him and never will. He showed poor class with calling the blitz on the quarterback over and over when they clearly had the game one and were up 35-0. They were playing too rough and injuring MSU players left and right. With that said though, I'm still very very proud of the football team this year. Big Ten Champs, an 11-2 record, and a team that was very special this year. It's been a great season, and I've especially loved my little Evan getting into football so much and his love for the sport and his admiration for Greg Jones. It's a bummer G. Jones is a senior and he will surely be missed. Congrats to Coach D on a wonderful season. Looking forward to next season already.

It actually wasn't a good day for the Big Ten in bowl games all around. I loved seeing Wisconsin get beat by TCU in the Rose Bowl though. It made the MSU loss a little more tolerable. In my opinion it's what they deserved because Wisconsin did not deserve to go to the Rose Bowl over MSU. We'll never know, but maybe MSU would have walked away with a win today had they played in the Rose Bowl.

After the game, I debated about taking down the Christmas stuff. It was so pretty and I love having the lit tree at night. I ended up deciding that I'd rather get it out of the way than come tomorrow wishing it was done and having to do it. So I tackled the tree first and then all the other decorations. I must say the artificial tree was nice taking down and not having the mess of needles everywhere and lights to take off. So now I'm working to reorganize and clean this place up in time for Evan's birthday party next week. I've managed to pack up another box and bag of old toys. Slowly but surely this place is getting back in shape!

Happy New Year! May 2011 bring you much joy, happiness, and good health! Be kind to one another and do something this year that you've never done before!

No comments:

Post a Comment