LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Laid Back Weekend

Dang is it ever cold! Just when I thought it was really cold, it gets even colder... brrrrrrrrr! Trying to keep warm this weekend was a task in itself. I don't think I ever really have warmed up. The negative wind chills may leave this state at anytime and the warmer temps are more than welcome to come by for a visit... a LONG visit. Is it spring yet? Yes, I'm counting the days! I'm putting my birthday order in for warm weather.

The weekend has come and gone and another week is upon us. You didn't hear from me much this past week because I was a cleaning machine around here. The whole upstairs got an overhaul, and I went to town cleaning. I've had massive amounts of papers to go through and sort and shred. I shredded two big bags of papers, organized the others that need to be filed away, and emptied the box they were all piled in. I hauled three garbage bags full of clothes to Goodwill, scrubbed bathrooms, dusted, vacuumed, and organized. I had laundry to do, but before I could I had to put four laundry baskets of clothes away, did six more loads of laundry, and folded and put all those away. Yes, by Friday afternoon I was sick of cleaning.

Friday evening my friend Jess came over with her daughter Grace. She taught me how to make homemade pizza dough with my new KitchenAid. The dough was really easy to make, however it's somewhat of a long process letting the dough sit and rise. That part took awhile, but we managed to fill the time with some drinks, conversation, and laughs. The kids watched Despicable Me and played with about every toy in the house I think. It was a great evening. Very relaxing and the pizza turned out great! We made a taco pizza (which was awesome) and a pepperoni and mushroom pizza. Both were delicious! By the time the pizza was ready we were so hungry and excited to eat it that I forgot to take a picture of my masterpieces. So instead you get a two slice picture of the taco pizza instead of the whole pizza. I didn't get a pic of the other one. Doesn't it look yummy? You know you want some!


Thanks Jess for coming over. It was fun hanging out and the kids had a blast playing with Grace. I think we need to do pizza/movie night more often. Here's a picture of the kids snuggled up on the couch during their second movie, How To Train A Dragon. Too cute!


Saturday the kids went to Greg's mom for the day and spent the night. We were lazy and watched two movies we had gotten for Christmas. It was too cold to do anything so we laid around during the day and first we watched Death At A Funeral. We hadn't seen that before, and it was really funny. Lots of laughs. We had a late dinner and then MSU basketball was on at 9pm. We started watching the game, but it wasn't going in the right direction and decided it would be a better time watching another movie. Good thing we did because MSU lost again! I just don't get why they can't get it together this season when they're supposed to be so good. Ugh! We ended up watching Grown Ups! Super hilarious! We had seen that movie at the theater so it was our second time seeing it. Just as funny the second time around. I'm an Adam Sandler and Kevin James fan so I loved it!

Today we picked the kids up and took them to Jumpin' Jax. I had never been before, but Greg had taken them last year. Jumpin Jax is a big bounce house arena. They have a bunch of different bouncy slides and bounce houses. I think because it was so cold out everyone else had the same idea because it was super busy. I can see why Greg has taken them before. It was very loud, lots of kids running around, and basically a zoo! The kids had a blast though and it wore them out. Em was out for a good couple hours after we got home. Here's a couple pics I snapped amongst the crazy zoo of kids there. This one of Ev didn't come out so great because he was going so fast down the slide.

This one of Em did though. She was having a blast zooming down the slides. She would laugh every single time.

The rest of the day was spent watching football. Da Bears didn't win, which was disappointing. Maybe next year. The Steelers won though which I'm happy about, but my cousin Kevin won't be happy his beloved Jets aren't Super Bowl bound. It was nice to have a laid back weekend and just relax. Sometimes you just need that instead of being on the go all the time! And that's all folks from around here. Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment