LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, January 17, 2011

Snow Fun!

It was a pretty good weekend around here, but man is it cold! Brrrrr. I'm really so tired of being cold all the time. I'm ready for the warm sunshine, flip flops, and no coat weather to return. Friday I had a surprise girls day shopping. I had stopped into check on some glasses at Thompson Eyecare (the one my friend Jess and her husband Steve opened up). Jess said she was going out to Art Van that afternoon to look for furniture for their house. It's finally getting to the point where they'll be able to move back in since the fire back in September. Only two more weeks and the Thompson's will be back in the neighborhood, woo hoo! I offered to join her in her shopping spree if she wanted some company. We headed out for a couple hours and then went out to some more places Friday night. You all know how I love shopping, so I didn't mind at all helping Jess out and keeping her company. She got all the major furnishings picked out- living room, bedrooms, dining room, and family room furniture. I can't wait to see it all in her house when she gets moved back in. It's going to look great!

Saturday we didn't do much. We went to breakfast with Greg's mom to Sawyer's Pancake house. We've been to Sawyer's a few times. It's really really good. They serve all organic food, and I just love their peanut butter banana French toast. When we got home Greg went out to shovel and the kids really wanted to play outside. It was cold, but they didn't seem to mind. It was Em's first time out this winter to play. She and Evan got to try out their new brick molds they got for Christmas and had a fun time playing in the snow. Here's a couple pics I snapped from inside. It was way to cold for me to go out.

When they came in I surprised the kids with some hot cocoa. Emme said, "Mom, you make the best hot cocoa ever!" Yes, she melted my heart! (Sniff sniff) Here's Em enjoying her yummy hot cocoa!

Greg and I got a couple hours kid free in the afternoon and headed off to the movies. Finally we went to a movie that wasn't animated. We saw The Dilemma with Kevin James and Vince Vaughn. It was pretty good. We enjoyed it, and it was nice to see a movie that wasn't a kid movie for a change. The rest of the day we watched the NFL playoffs so it was a very laid back day.

Sunday was a lazy lazy day. I stayed in my pj's until almost 1pm until I finally got in the shower. It was just one of those days. We watched some more of the NFL playoffs. The Bears won, woo hoo! Later on we made a trip out to Kohl's. I had a 30% off coupon and wanted to get some picture frames. Greg took those pictures of the kids back in the fall on campus that I've been wanting to frame. Plus we also gave Evan some football pictures for his birthday that Greg took at the Purdue game. He got a big picture of Greg Jones and we told him we'd frame them and hang up in his room. This is the start to a room makeover for Evan that I'm thinking by his next birthday will be complete. The makeover is one that I'm eager to do, but yet hesitant at the same time. Evan wants an MSU room which is way cool. However soon after we moved in this house we had one of his walls painted with a surfer doggy beach theme and painting over it is going to be hard. I love it and it's so cute, yet he's kind of out grown it already. So we'll see. Ev really wants his room to be MSU, but I told him we had to go about one more year like it is.

Evan didn't have school today and boy was it nice to have an extended day to the weekend! I lounged in my sweats and the kids stayed in their pj's all day. It was a cozy day inside staying warm. Em earned some brownies today so she helped me bake them. She was so excited to put on her little apron and be my little baker. You can decide for yourself, but I think you'll agree she's quite the cutie patootie mixing up her brownies!



Tomorrow it's back to school and back into a routine! I'm kind of hoping it goes fast and the weekend gets here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment