LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, January 31, 2011

Shop Til You Drop!

Here we are at the end of January already. Wow, one month of 2011 gone already. February is a short month so I'm sure it will be here and gone before we know it too. Once again I find myself way behind on this blog. I can't even remember all that I did last week, but I know I've been busy and the days seem to fly by. So I'll spare you the details of trying to remember each day and what we did and get right to the weekend.

From Friday to Sunday all I did was pretty much shop! It started Friday morning when Em and I ran errands while Ev was at school . I had $20 of Kohl's cash to spend that expired on Saturday so I didn't want it to go to waste. Em and I walked around that store for probably almost and hour and guess what? I couldn't find anything I really needed to buy. It was so unlike me. Any other time I'm in there I find a million things I want. When I've got a free $20 to spend, I can't find a thing. So we left and I figured I'd go back on Saturday with Greg. Maybe there was something he'd find. Friday evening I went out with my friend Jess again and we shopped for stuff for her house. We made a little progress, but didn't get everything done. I had to keep reminding her it was crunch time and she needed to get buying stuff because she's moving back into her house on Tuesday!

Saturday we kind of hung out around home for the morning not doing too much. Then we went to lunch, I had a free $15 at Champps to use before the end of the month. Of course I didn't want that to go to waste either so we figured we'd go for lunch since I didn't have much in the house to eat anyway. Then we headed back to Kohl's. Em fell asleep on the way their so Greg ended up staying in the car with her so she could nap a little. I decided to go in and see if I could find anything one more time, if not I'd send him in. They were actually having a different sale on Saturday and I ended up getting Em a couple things for summer.

The kids went to Greg's mom late Saturday afternoon. Greg and I were going to make a home depot run and stop at Old Navy on the way because they had 30% off the entire store, even clearance. Well before we left I ran across a Children's Place coupon that I had, and guess what folks? Yes more free money to spend! I had a $10 certificate that expired on Saturday that needed to be used. I thought it was good for another week so it's a good thing I checked. So we headed to the mall and went to Children's Place first. Between the store credit I had and the certificate, I got the kids some really cute things! I can't wait til spring so they can wear the stuff! We then headed to Old Navy and found a few things there too. We ran out of time to go to Home Depot so that's for another weekend.

Sunday was another day of shopping and this time I headed back out with Jess. Em spent the night at Greg's mom's. Evan and Greg went to w bike expo at MSU Sunday morning and then Evan had his first classmate birthday party to go to so Greg took him to that. You know the saying, "Shop Til You Drop!" Well, Jess and I probably shopped til we dropped and then some. We first headed to the outlet mall in Howell. We were successful in finding some more things she needed for her house. Then we stopped for lunch at Tomato Bros. My favorite place to go when going to the outlet mall. We then headed back towards home and hit the mall stopping at JC Penney's, Younker's and Bed Bath & Beyond. We also stopped at Kohl's and Target. Pretty much all those places were a bust except for Kohl's which we finally found silverware for Jess (one of her major items she still needed) and a few other things. Plus one purchase at Bed Bath and Beyond! We left about 10am and got home about 5:30pm! I don't think Jess really knew how much I really like to shop. I kept her going and going. LOL. There was a lot to get done though, and I told her she'll be glad she can enjoy her new house after she gets moved in instead of having to do all the shopping. Plus she needed the essential items like dishes, bedding, silverware, etc. so they can at least have the everyday items when they move back in tomorrow!

So that's wraps up the weekend. Today I made a delicious taco chili that I discovered from my friend Ann. I will be sharing the recipe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment