LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Taco Chili... or maybe Taco Soup

So I told you I made a new recipe yesterday. My friend Ann posted it on her blog awhile back, and I've been meaning to make it and just forgot about it. Wow, was I missing out because it's really good! Ann left it up to her readers to decide once they made it, if it was taco soup or taco chili. After I got it made I had pretty much decided from the looks of it that it was taco chili. Then when Greg tasted it he decided it was taco chili. So for the sake of making a decision in this household, we're calling it taco chili at the Shearwater Nest! I think if you wanted to add some water to the recipe (which it says you can do) then you could call it soup. Yesterday I posted a picture of it on Facebook and had three requests right away for the recipe. I think this is one of those recipes that you'll be wanting to make. It's very very simple which is a plus, it doesn't have any weird hard to find ingredients which is another plus, and it's very very tasty which is yet another plus! It's definitely a recipe that will be making many more appearances at the Shearwater Nest!

Taco Chili (or Soup)

1 can of red kidney beans, drained
1 can of black beans, drained
1 can of corn, drained
2 cans of petite diced tomatoes (don't drain!) (I just used one large can- 28oz)
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 packet of powder ranch dressing seasoning
1 pound of ground beef
Shredded cheese (optional)
Sour cream (optional)
Tortilla chips (optional)

Brown the ground beef. Once it's browned, combine with beans, corn, tomatoes, and the 2 packs of seasonings. Add a little water if the consistency seems too thick. (Note: I would wait a little bit before you decide to add water. I thought it was too thick at first, but then as it simmered it wasn't as thick as it was right away). Simmer or set on low in your Crockpot (I just simmered mine on the stove, but Ann had done hers in the Crockpot so either way works). I also had browned the ground beef up the day before and then just through everything together. Serve with tortilla chips, with or without cheese and sour cream on top.

I put sour cream and cheese on top of mine and it was delicious that way. I also served it with tortilla chips which was mighty tasty! Ann mentioned that you could serve it with cornbread instead of tortilla chips if you wanted. I do like cornbread, but that option didn't sound as good to me as the tortilla chips. You could also use tortilla strips.

I don't think you'll be disappointed so give it a try! It's so fast and easy to make and tasty to eat! Here's a little temptation!

It's February 1st and with that brings the big snowstorm of 2011! Schools are canceled for tomorrow and there's supposed to be a lot of snow coming tonight/tomorrow so we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment