LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, February 21, 2011

Not Again!

I'm so missing last week right now. I mean really, the 50 degree weather we had was AWESOME! The snow was pretty much all melted. It was nice to see the grass again, even if it was dead brown grass. I was loving not having to put boots and all the heavy winter garments on the kids. Ahhhh, spring is here, I really wanted to believe. Then the word was out Saturday that a winter storm was coming. Really, not again? It was supposed to be 3-5 inches so I figured that's not horrible. Well, about 2pm yesterday it started to snow, and snow, and snow, and snow. It didn't stop for hours. The nice brown grass quickly turned white. By this morning we had gotten 9.4 inches. Yuck, yuck, yuck! I know I didn't mind the last snow storm, but after it being 50 for two days, it's really hard to accept 9.4 inches of snow even if it's February in Michigan. I'm pretty sure it would have been a snow day had Evan had school today. Most school were closed around here though since it's President's Day! I sure hope this is the last of big snow storms. I'm really ready for spring!!!!

We didn't do a whole lot last week. Friday night I got to go out with Jess for a little girl time. We hit up Jimmy's down the street for a couple drinks. It was nice to catch up and have some adult time without kids interrupting. Saturday afternoon Jess and I did a little shopping for some more items for her house. Later that night we headed down to her house and the kids got to play for awhile with her kids. Us adults had some adult beverages and played Mad Gab and Apples to Apples. It was a fun evening. I hadn't played Mad Gab before, but boy was that fun. It's even a little more interesting once you've consumed a few Kool-Aid martinis! The guys watched the MSU game, which the Spartans got a "W." I sure hope they're making a comeback before March madness! Thanks Jess for having us over. I love all your furniture we picked out too. Looks great! That wraps up the latest around here. I've got a few recipes to post so be looking for those soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment