LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Layered Pizza Dip Recipe

I didn't forget, just been busy again. I promised the recipe for the layered pizza dip I made on Christmas. I ran across this recipe from a Betty Crocker email that I got right before Christmas. It was perfect timing. It's very easy, fast, and tasty. I see myself making this for many events in the future, bunco, birthday parties, football parties, etc. The recipe is one that an be altered to your liking in whatever way you want. You really can't mess it up and can pretty much put in what you prefer. Here's the original recipe then I'll tell you how I changed it.

Ingredients:
1 (8-oz.) container soft cream cheese with chives and onions
1/2 cup chunky pizza sauce
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/3 cup finely chopped pepperoni
2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. In ungreased 9-inch pie pan or 1 to 1 1/2-quart baking dish, layer all ingredients in order listed.
  2. Bake at 350°F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until dip is hot and cheese is melted.
  3. Serve warm with bagel crisps, bagel chips or crackers.
I forgot to take a picture so this picture is courtesy of Betty Crocker.

Yep, that's it. Simple just like I said. Since Greg and my sister don't like onions I just used regular cream cheese. They're not fond of chunky pizza sauce (which I really have never seen chunky pizza sauce at the store) either so I just used regular pizza sauce. I got a small loaf of Italian bread at Meijer and brushed with olive oil and broiled. Do one side for a couple minutes then flip and brush with more olive oil on other side and broil a little more. I served with that instead of the bagel crisps, etc. It was super good. I recommend that, but make sure you don't burn the bread when broiling. :)

I'm actually making this again for Evan's birthday party this weekend. I'm going to try it with the chive and onion cream cheese this time. I'm also thinking of maybe adding some mushrooms to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment