LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, January 10, 2011

Evan's Sparty Birthday Party

The rest of last week flew by, (what's new) and the weekend was upon us and on Saturday we celebrated Evan's birthday with family and friends. I told you we postponed his birthday party a week because New Year's weekend was too busy. Evan decided on a Spartan birthday party this year. I'm so glad he did because it was such a fun birthday party to plan! You all know we bleed green in this house so it wasn't hard to plan this party. It was kind of a fitting time for a Spartan party since MSU had such a great football season and Evan was so into it this year.

I decorated the house in green and white of course, and the table decorations consisted of MSU sports items that we had around the house. Here's the Sparty party table all set up with a MSU hockey stick, hockey puck, football, volleyball, and basketball.

Evan and Emmaline had their Spartan gear on for the party. I tried to get Evan to wear one of his new Spartan shirts, but he said, "Mom, I've got to wear my Greg Jones jersey." He loves that #53 jersey. Many of the kids wore their Spartan attire to the party and it was really cute to see all the kids in their green & white MSU clothes. I wanted to get a big group shot, but unfortunately it didn't happen with so much going on and with some leaving at different times. Thank goodness most of Evan's friends are Spartan fans! I had a couple activities planned for the kids during the party. First they decorated snowflakes and then they decorated cookies. I wanted to get a Spartan "S" cookie cutter, but the bookstore was all out. So I ended up making number six cut out cookies and the kids decorated them with green and white frosting and sprinkles. They had fun and the Spartan "6" cookies turned out great! Here's the kids busy at work on snowflakes and cookies!

Evan requested a Spartan birthday cake for his party. Really, what other kind of cake would we have? Of course there was going to be a Spartan birthday cake. He saw the "S" cake mold at the bookstore and requested that I make a green Spartan "S." So Friday I broke in (No Ann I didn't break it, I broke it in. LOL) the new KitchenAid and made a homemade "S" cake with homemade frosting for the little guy. The KitchenAid was fabulous and worked great! I even whipped up some cupcakes too so I could use it again! When the cake came out of the oven Evan said to me, "That has got to be the coolest cake I've ever seen." That made me feel good. I had done my kid proud and I was happy that he was happy. It wasn't even frosted yet and when he saw it the next morning after I put the green frosting on he was even more thrilled. It was late when I made the frosting and was trying to to other things at the same time. I ended up running out of frosting and had to make another batch and unfortunately one batch of frosting didn't come out the best and was a little lumpy. So it didn't spread the greatest. In the end though it still tasted delicious and Evan loved his Spartan birthday cake so that's all that matters! Here's the Spartan "S" cake.

My Spartan birthday boy with his Spartan birthday cake!
Thanks to all those who made it to the party and helped to make Evan's 6th birthday celebration a wonderful day. He had a wonderful day and you all hold a special place in his heart I know. My little princess tells me she wants a Spartan party someday so I can't wait until I get to do it all over again!

I made the pizza dip again and used the chive and onion cream cheese and it was really good. I also served El Az Dip, homemade guacamole, and tried out a new Greek dip that was really yummy. I will post up recipes sometime this week!

3 comments:

  1. My son's name is Evan as well-- he turns 1 this Sept and we will be having a MSU themed birthday as well-- great ideas! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely birthday party! Heard about many San Francisco venues from my friends and thinking to book one for my sisters birthday party in a couple of weeks. She will be happy to get a pleasant surprise on her 25th birthday. Hope she relaxes with her friends after hectic examination schedules.

    ReplyDelete