LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Where Does The Time Go?

O.k. so now I'm a week behind on catching up the Shearwater Nest news. Ugh. I don't know where the time goes, but I do know tomorrow is Christmas Eve and it just doesn't seem possible! It's time to put this blog on fast forward and give you the very fast run down of some highlights from the last week. I try to keep this blog up to date, and while this is all old news I feel like it's worthy of sharing because there were some fun happenings.

Last week Thursday was Evan's holiday party at school. I was asked by his teacher this time to be the "party mom" and plan the party. I didn't have to do too much, just call some moms and dads to see if they could help out in the classroom that day or provide some snacks. It all came together nicely and the party was a great success. I took in pretzel buttons and also helped out at the party. Greg took the morning off work and helped out too. Evan was excited that we both were at the party. There was a great turnout of parent volunteers. Evan's teacher, Mrs. Mills had a lot of awesome activities planned for the kids. They got to make candy canes with beads, do a gumdrop graphing sheet, make reindeer hats (girls could also make snow princess crowns), decorate pine cones, make a spice ball potpourri, decorate a stuffed sock snowman, and put together a bag of magic reindeer food. This one was a really cute idea. It's oatmeal & glitter mixed together and the kids just had to fill a baggie and attach the instructions: "Place magic reindeer food on your lawn. The magic glitter sparkling in the moonlight and the smell of the oats will guide Rudolph to your home." The kids were busy all morning and loved all the activities.

Here's Evan decorating his pine cone. Note- the little girl in the picture is Jaidyn (with her mom). Evan has a little crush on Jaidyn. Her mom says to me, "Evan's so cute. He's quite the flirt. I told Jaidyn's dad we have to watch out for that one." LOL.
Here's Evan at the "Sock Snowman table." The kids all did a great job making their snowman. Very cute!

Thursday afternoon the kids went to Greg's mom's and made cookies. Friday was Evan's birthday treat day since his birthday falls over winter break. Greg's mom graciously offered to make cookies with the kids so Evan could take to school since I was so busy and had a million other things to do. They made M&M cookies, one of Evan's favorites!

I really needed to clean Saturday, but shopping and a movie won over cleaning. The kids, Greg's mom, Greg, and I went to see the new Yogi Bear movie. It was a little predictable, but cute and the kids liked it so that's what matters, right? It was better than cleaning that's for sure. Greg and I went out Saturday afternoon to do a little last minute Christmas shopping kid free. While we were gone Evan lost his second tooth. He had told us it was looser Saturday morning, but it's been like that for awhile and we really didn't think it was going to come out already. Needless to say, one week before Christmas the tooth fairy had to show up at the Shearwater Nest. Five dollars it was this time for the second tooth. I finally got my Christmas cards back on Saturday and was able to get them all addressed on Sunday and in the mail by Monday! Definitely the latest I've been sending out cards over the years!

This week started Evan's winter break from school. Monday I slept in until 9am. I can't believe it. I must have been really tired. It was much needed sleep though that's for sure. The week has consisted of running errands, wrapping presents, doing laundry, cleaning the house, etc. It's been a never ending cycle of those things, and we've been gone late every night except tonight so that's why I haven't been blogging. I'm not even going to say when I'll be back on. It's going to be a busy few days here with Christmas, but I'll be sure to catch you up on it all next week sometime. I'm looking forward to watching the kids open presents from Santa this year. They're at a great age right now! So that wraps things up. I know, not as quickly as I wanted. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with your families and get a little time to relax in the rush of it all! Merry Christmas! Season's Greetings! Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment