LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Em's Hello Kitty Birthday Party!

I had a busy week getting ready for Emmaline's birthday party on Saturday. There was running errands, cleaning, cooking, and all the other stuff that goes along with all the party prep. The week flew by, kind of like this whole summer has been! Emmaline wanted a Hello Kitty birthday party this year. I kind of had a feeling she would since she's been so into Hello Kitty this past year. I was glad she picked something decent for her party, but I was dreading what I would do for a cake/ cupcakes. I felt like I needed to make her a cake this year since I went the easy route last year and got her princess cake at Sam's. So after searching the internet, pondering cake options, and talking with friends about Hello Kitty cakes, I decided to buy the Hello Kitty cake pan and make a cake shaped like Hello Kitty. My friend Jessica said I should pipe the frosting on the cake, but I had never done that. She said she'd help me with it so I figured let's give it a try.

I spent the afternoon Friday in the kitchen pretty much prepping all the party food, making cupcakes and a cake. My sister and Kaite came for the weekend on Friday evening, and then Jess came over Friday night to help me decorate the cake. I made the frosting and then we started piping away! It was a little time consuming, but it was a lot easier than I thought! It just takes a little patience. We got through it, and although it was a late night, it was lots of fun! Thank you so much Jess for coming over and teaching me how to pipe! Great times and some fun conversation with the piping! LOL. I think for my first time the cake came out pretty good. I was pleased with it and I got lots of compliments so I guess it looked like Hello Kitty. Haha! Plus it tasted great so that's all that really matters right? I didn't make my own cake this time, I opted for the funfetti box mix because I just didn't have time. It was still very good though. I can't really complain with Pillsbury cake mix. Love that cake mix, it always turns out very moist! So here's some pics of the Hello Kitty cake and you can tell me what you think!

The start of the cake piping!
Making progress...
Time for some facial features- eyes and nose, which I used black jelly beans and a yellow spree!
The final product! Not bad huh?
And here's the cupcakes I made to go along with the cake!

The party was a lot of fun, and everyone had a great time! The Hello Kitty party was fun to plan from the cake to the decorations and goody bags! I decided to go with munchies for the party. We had veggies & dip, fruit & fruit dip, lil' smokies (smokies wrapped in crescents), pizza dip, and guacamole! It was all very tasty! Here's a few more pics from the party. The rest I'll post on Facebook.

My birthday girl all ready for her party in her Hello Kitty attire!
The centerpiece I made! I found the idea on Pinterest!
The party decor!
The kids enjoying some cake and ice cream!The family photo Jess made me do! I'm posting this for you Jess! Haha!

After the party Jess, Kaite, and I all went for manicures and pedicures! My sister and Em came along to and hung out while we were getting pampered. My sister had planned to get a pedi too, but then ended up getting one the weekend before. I had painted Em's nails before her party, but the gal that did mine put a couple flowers on her nails which she thought was really cool! We ended the day with Jess' kids and Jess coming back to the house for movie/game night and we all had a sleepover! Fun times! It was a great day, and we even hit up TB for late night munchies! Lol. A great weekend overall to celebrate my little girls birthday!

The kids getting ready for the movie and sleepover. Grace didn't get in the picture unfortunately!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on the cake Lisa - that turned out so well. And I love the centerpiece too - so pretty! Looks like you put together a great party for your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann! I was so nervous about the cake. You know after you get so far there's no going back so I just kept my fingers crossed I didn't mess up. Haha! I just love girly girl parties for Em! Can't go wrong with pink! :)

    ReplyDelete