LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lake Weekend!

The kids and I had somewhat of an extended weekend. Greg had to work all weekend so we decided to head down to my sisters. It was pretty much our last weekend of the summer to have some lake time before school starts. Since Greg couldn't go with us we left earlier on Friday than we normally do to head down there. We got to get in a boat ride at my dad's Friday night since we got there at a decent time. The kids love being on the boat, and even more, they love driving the boat with Grandpa. It was a perfect evening on the lake. It was slightly chilly, but with a sweatshirt on it was just right!

Saturday was another day on the lake. We spent all afternoon out on the boat. The weather was perfect! My Dad had gotten a new tube for all the kids to go in. It's got three seats so Evan, Emmaline, and Kaite could all go at the same time. When I asked Emme if she was going to go on it she said yes! I was a little surprised, but then again I shouldn't have been since my little girl loved going on the huge Ferris Wheel in Chicago! Evan didn't want to have anything to do with it. He said he would go if daddy was there, but I think that was his excuse. For some reasons from time to time he gets scared of the water. I definitely think it's time for some swim lessons this fall/winter. So Kaite and Emme got on the tube and were ready to go! Em was pretty excited, I think the pictures tells you she's more than ready!

Kaite was yelling to us that Em kept saying, "Faster Grandpa!" Then when we finally started going faster she said, "Now that's what I'm talking about!" What a kid! She had no fear at all. She loved every minute of it. Look how much fun she's having here.
Sunday we spent another good chunk of the day on the lake. Evan said he was going to try out the tube. He got in, and I was really excited that he was going to do it. Then when it was time to head out he changed his mind and decided he didn't want to. At least I got a picture of him in it for a second.
So it was another girls day on the lake tubing for Emme and Kaite. There was no going slow on day two. Emme wanted to go fast right away, so we did. Look at that face on my little girl... having the time of her life! She's my little princess, explorer, daredevil all in one. She loved it just as much if not more on day two as she did on day one!

Since Greg didn't come with us, we didn't have to rush to get back on Sunday for him to have to go to work on Monday. So the kids and I went home Monday morning so we could enjoy some extra time on the water. We got in three boat rides on Sunday which was really nice! A great way to end the summer with some lake time and great weather. I'm so proud of my Emme for trying out the tube. She did awesome. I'll admit I was a little nervous since she hasn't had swimming lessons and is on this big lake, but the tube doesn't tip over and I knew Kaite would take good care of her. It was a fun weekend, but it was nice to get home and see Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment