LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, August 15, 2011

Kid Rock In The D!

What a fabulous weekend we had! Saturday was one of those days I've been waiting for, for a long time! We went to see Kid Rock at Comerica Park in Detroit. I got tickets back in June. This was after missing out on getting tickets for his shows at Ford Field and Van Andel in January. When I got these tickets back in June I ran across something for Kid Rock's fan club and saw that if you joined the fan club you could pre-purchase tickets on the Friday before the Saturday they went on sale to the public. For the $10 I spent to join the fan club so I could pre-purchase the tickets, it was $10 well spent. I didn't have to worry about trying to get tickets early on Saturday morning when everyone else did. Not to mention the pre-purchase tickets for fan club members were pretty good seats from what I could tell online. I had never been to Comerica Park before so I didn't know anything about the stadium.

Greg and I had tickets with our friends Brenda and Jess. Then my sister and Kaite got tickets together, and my dad and step-mom had tickets. My dad & step-mom got us all rooms at the Marriott at the Renaissance Center so nobody would have to drive home after the concert. The hotel was awesome and we really appreciated them getting us the room. Thanks so much! It worked out perfectly! We left late Saturday morning in the pouring rain which was not good. Remember the concert is at Comerica Park OUTSIDE! Ugh! As we got closer to Detroit the rain lightened up, and by the time we got into he city the sun was coming out. Fingers and toes crossed, I was hoping it would stay that way. We ended up getting to the hotel at the same time as my Dad, step-mom, sister, and Kaite. It was great timing since they had to drive further than us.

We all got checked in and settled in our rooms and then we walked down to Comerica Park to pick up the tickets. Since I had bought them through the fan club it was will call pick up only. It ended up warming up nicely and by the time we got to Comerica Park it was pretty hot out. After we got the tickets we walked back to the Hard Rock Cafe and had lunch. It was a late lunch so then we headed back to the hotel for a couple drinks and to get changed for the concert. There was a Kid Rock Block Party going on before the concert so we wanted to get back down to Comerica for that a little early. We decided to take the people mover to Comerica the second time so we weren't all hot and sweaty before the concert. We hit up the Block Party for a little bit, and I finally got to try the Kid Rock Badass Beer. Yes, I'm a beer girl so it was a must on my list to try on Saturday. It got the approval on my list of likes for beer and am hoping to find it sometime soon. It's not sold around here, only in the Detroit area, Jackson, and Battle Creek.

We headed into the stadium during the opening acts. Ty Stone and Sammy Hagar opened for Kid Rock. We weren't too into them so it didn't matter if we missed some of it. By the time we grabbed some drinks and got to our seats it was in the middle of Sammy Hagar. It turned out that all of our seats were pretty good. I was happy with my purchase and we had a great view of the stage. Almost towards the end of Sammy, it started to get really dark & we saw some lightning. We decided to head up to the concourse and go in one of the restaurants we had seen on the way in. We got in there and sat down at a table pretty much just in time because it started to pour. We sat in there for about a half hour and then the rain stopped and it cleared up and was a perfect evening. We headed back to our seats and about 15 minutes later Kid Rock came on stage. The concert was everything I hoped it would be and more. A fantastic show and I definitely felt like I got my monies worth! Kid Rock really knows how to put on a great show. He played for about 2hrs. 20min and it was awesome! I loved every minute of it! Kid Rock really isn't my "type," but honestly he looked pretty good when his shirt came off. Brenda and Jess agreed... WOW! A little eye candy for the ladies! :)

It was an awesome day spent with my hubby, great friends, and family! I didn't want the concert to end. A great time was had by all, and it's a night I'll never forget! I can cross it off my bucket list, but believe me I'll be back to see him again! Fun times, fun times! Here's a few pics from Saturday. I've already posted them on Facebook so you've probably seen them!

The view of the venue, Comerica Park, from the Marriott.
The Kid Rock Block Party
Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment