LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Beautiful Week

I need to start off by wishing my Dad a very happy birthday! I'm jealous of the birthday dinner he had a Pete's Patio. My favorite place to eat in Niles! Happy Birthday Dad! Hope it was a great day! Also birthday wishes go out to Betty who lives across the street from my Dad. When my sister and I were little we were always at Bob & Betty's house. Betty is like a Grandma to my sister and I. We always thought it was cool that she and my dad shared the same birthday and that her husband Bob's birthday is the day after mine! So happy birthday to both of them!

The weekend is nearing, and I can't complain about the weather this week. It's been beautiful and I'm loving it! If only it could stay this way until May and then warm up a little more. The mornings have been chilly, but the afternoons and early evenings have been perfect. The sun has been out and we've been able to enjoy the park almost every night! The kids totally love the park. It's such a great thing for our neighborhood!

This week had a couple of highlights that were very exciting. First my friend Angie (she bought all my girl clothes at the garage sale) had her baby on Tuesday, Oct. 5th. She was 10 days overdue. She had gone in the hospital on the 27th and was induced and none of the meds worked. Can you believe that? She had contractions for 27 hours, but no baby. She didn't want to have a c-section so she went home and waited it out. They induced her again on Monday, and I haven't talked to her yet, but finally she had her little girl Tuesday morning. Brooke Marie they named her, and I can't wait to meet her. I love babies!

Then on Wednesday was the grand opening of my friend Jess and her husband Steve's eye place. It's called Thompson Eyecare, and if you're in need of glasses please go there. The service is outstanding and it's a very family friendly kind of place. You won't be disappointed. You can go to their website, Thompson Eyecare and check out their info. Congrats to Steve and Jessica on their new store. We're very happy for them and they deserved this special day after all they've been through the last couple of weeks. Here's a few photos from the grand opening yesterday.

The inside of their beautiful store
Here's Jess acting like she's working. LOL. O.k. she was working! Haha!
Emmaline making sure the kids corner is working o.k.
Time for the ribbon cutting!

No comments:

Post a Comment