LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone! Hope you all had a fun Halloween celebrations. I'll get to trick-or-treating in my next post, but for now I need to catch you up on the weeks happenings since it's been almost a week since you've heard from me. I know we were busy all week, but I really can't remember Tuesday and Wednesday. I know Wednesday afternoon I made cookies for Evan's school Halloween party. So with that said, I guess that means it's onto Thursday. I went to school with Evan on Thursday to help out with his school party. The kids don't get to wear costumes, but they were asked to wear orange and black if they wanted too. The party was just for about an hour and a half of school time, but I stayed for the whole morning. I got to meet some of the other moms which was nice. Evan's teacher had all different stations set up around the room of Halloween activities that were learning based. There was a "skittles bar graph" table which was the table I worked at. The kids had to graph the different colors of their skittles. There was a monster hat art craft table, a candy corn bingo table, a bead bracelet table, a pumpkin seed counting table, face painting, pumpkin craft table where the kids got to make jack-o-lantern faces on pumpkins they had painted in previous weeks, a Halloween book corner, a spider making station, and an eyeball spoon race. Evan made his Spider with green and white legs and called it his Spartan spider. A few different moms brought in snacks that the kids also got to enjoy throughout the morning. It was a great morning for the kids and they all enjoyed their Halloween party. Here's a few pics from the festivities!

Here's Evan working on his skittles bar graph.
Evan's monster hat
Some of the kids getting their faces painted
Evan with his friends Jaidyn and Allison enjoying some of the snacks
Evan after he got his face painted
At the end of the party all the kids got some treats from Mrs. Mills & a couple of the kids. Evan handed out popcorn to his classmates!

Thursday night we had downtown E.L. trick-or-treat which I'll tell you all about in my next post along with our neighborhood trick-or-treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment