LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Evan's Drawing With Words

I've mentioned before how proud I am of Evan's work at school already this year. The things he's learning already and the rate at which he's learning is wonderful! In just six weeks of school he's come a long way learning how to spell, read, and write! I sometimes get a little teary-eyed when he shows me the things he can do. My little guy is growing up.

Tonight he was working on a picture at his little table and he asked me if I could write two words on a piece of paper so he could copy them for his picture. The two words were skeleton and pumpkin. I wrote them down and he took the paper back to his little table and worked away. Within a few minutes he came back to me with his notebook and showed me what he did. This is his work that he had done.


You can see he drew a picture of a skeleton and a pumpkin. Not only did he draw a picture, but then he wrote words to go along with it. He wrote, "I see the skeleton" and "I see the pumpkin." The word "see" was the new sight word the class learned last week when I was in there volunteering, and "the" they learned the week before that. I was very proud of Evan when he showed me what he did. He wrote, "I see the" all by himself without asking how to spell the words. He also wrote his name with uppercase and lowercase letters, something they are working on in kindergarten and need to learn I think by the second or third semester. I think he did a super job on this so much that it was worthy of sharing with all of you. Great job Evan!

No comments:

Post a Comment