LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Fab Weekend & 10-10-10

VICTORY FOR MSU! Yes, you know I'm going to talk about it and there's no getting around it! What a fabulous weekend all around! The weather was absolutely delightful and my beloved Spartans pulled off a great win in A2 at the Big House against UofM! I had good feelings going into the game, but you never know what's going to happen in College Football! However, you all know my feeling about the numbers 3 & 17, right? Well, I'm pretty sure they played a part in the game yesterday. When we turned on ABC and they interviewed Coach Dantonio before the game, the time on the clock was... yes 3:17pm. A good sign, most definitely! I also happened to notice when the clock was down to 3 min. 17 sec. both in the 2nd & 4th quarter. I told Greg that was good luck. And then the fact that MSU won by 17 points! Ahhh my numbers came through for me! The Spartan Spirit around E.L. all week was great leading up to the game and it continued after the game! The MSU vs. UofM game is definitely one of the most anticipated games in the state all year. I love this time of year and I love living in East Lansing when it's time for this game!

I'm so very proud of the MSU football team and how they played on Saturday. Finally MSU played for a full 60 minutes- they worked together, they made the big plays, the offense showed up, the defense showed up, and in the end they got the job done. I think it's one of the best games I've seen in a long time. MSU played to win and they deserved the win. They stopped UofM when they needed to and it paid off. Finally, finally, finally, the team that deserved to win did, and it wasn't the refs winning the game for a team. It has to be one of the better officiated games I've seen in a very long time as well.

Nothing against friends and family that like UofM here, but how about a little fun now against the Wolverines. How about I sum it up for you. Denard Robinson you are now DeNIED Robinson. You're all UofM football has and well, when our team makes the big plays against you, you are now Denied of the Heisman contention. Oh and I think the Spartans tied your shoelaces! We went into the Big House and well, Little Brother beat your ass again! The Spartans made a STATEment by dominating the Wolverines! In the end, I have to say three things- it feels good to give Michigan their first loss/Big Ten loss, to be the first team to hold "Denied" below 100 yards rushing this season, and to be the team to knock you out of the top #25! We Spartans are basking in the glory of our 34-17 win! It feels good to be 6-0 and while we'll be celebrating for awhile, it's time to get down to business and back at it this week. It's homecoming week and we can't underestimate Illinois after the game they played at PSU. Great game Spartans! It was a great win for the program, a great win for Coach D, and a great win for the fans! Thank you my beloved Spartans!

Today is 10-10-10 we all know. How cool is that? Lots of weddings today on this once in a lifetime date! Speaking of weddings, Greg was actually shooting a wedding today. He got a photo gig through our friend Brenda. It was a friend of hers getting married and after checking out a few photographers they chose Greg. So while today was a beautiful day weather wise and the kids and I got to enjoy some time at the park, Greg was gone almost all day doing this wedding. What a cool date though to get married on, or to have a baby for that matter.

It was a great weekend! It just doesn't get any better than 75-80 degrees in October topped off with a MSU win against Michigan! We also got to meet Angie's new little girl, Brooke. She's precious and oh so tiny. She weighs 6lbs. 9oz. and neither of my kids were ever that small so she seems really tiny. Em loved little Brooke and as we sat their and I was talking to Angie, Em kept putting her finger to her lip saying, "Mom, shhh we can't wake the baby." It was oh so cute! I've got some photos to share with you of the kids that we took this weekend, but those will have to wait until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment