LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trick-Or-Treat Recap

I really wanted to post this last night, but the hubs needed the computer to do some work so I didn't get the chance. This is when we really need an iPad! So here it is November and my goal is to get more posts in this month than I have been lately. We'll see though folks because I'm sure before I know it December will be rolling around! I'm thinking I shouldn't blink or November will be done and over with just like October.

Anyway, it's time to share about our trick-or-treating fun that brought in more candy than we know what to do with. Thursday night we headed downtown E.L. Gosh, I think this is our 5th year. In case you forgot from last year, I'll give you a little briefing on the downtown E.L. trick-or-treat. Most of the stores along Grand River open their doors from 5-7 pm for trick-or-treaters. Then the MSU Greek community also hosts "Safe Halloween" which provides children a safe environment for trick-or-treat which also includes games and activities for kids. In years past the ELFD & ELPD have been there, but this year they weren't. The kids were a little disappointed that they didn't get to sit in the fire truck. Oh well, they still had fun! Unfortunately our nice weather didn't hold up until Halloween time so it was a little chilly that night.

On Sunday was the city trick-or-treat from 6-8pm. Before we headed out for t-or-t though we had a birthday party to attend. Em's friend Lucia had a costume/birthday party. Her birthday is in November, but she had her party early. So the kids got to get a little more use out of their costumes this year which was nice. This year my little munchkins went as pirates. I had no intention of them being pirates when we started to look for costumes. I thought Em would be Strawberry Shortcake or a fairy. For Evan, I really had no idea because boys costumes are so hard! Everything is so gruesome or has a mask for boys which I don't like. At first Evan wanted to be a policeman again, but since that was just last year I said no. I like them to be something different because you're only little for so long to be the cute stuff. So with that said, he was a pirate and guess what? He's been a pirate before. It was in 2007 though and he was a totally different looking pirate. Plus when Em found a pirate one she liked and they tried their costumes on together it was too cute to pass up the matching outfits so we went with it. I didn't like the Strawberry Shortcake one Em tried on so that's how they both became pirates.

Here's my two little pirates ready for trick-or-treat downtown E.L.
One of the activity tables at "Safe Halloween." Em made the face on her ghost sucker all by herself. I was impressed how well she did. I'm not sure about the expression on her face, but I love her eyes in this picture.
Here's Evan when he was a pirate in 2007
Here's my grown up pirate! Wow, how did he get so big so fast? :(
Here's my Precious Lil' Pirate
The neighborhood kids all set to go trick-or-treating
While we were out for t-or-t, the kids were happy they ran into Chloe. I love this picture of the three of them. Two pirates and a bumble bee!

All in all, the kids had a fun time trick-or-treating and this house has way too much chocolate. I even gave a bunch away, but I'm thinking some of it's going to be going to Greg's work! A big thanks for all the Halloween goodies from the grandparents and Aunt Jen & Kaite, and Uncle Don & Aunt Rose for the kiddos. They loved everything from Target gift cards to McDonald's gift certificates to candy, pop, snacks, money and new winter coats!

No comments:

Post a Comment