LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I Love You Soooo Much

There's not a whole lot of news on my end here. I've got a couple tidbits to tell you about, and then I thought I'd tell you about a couple cute things the kids did today. Before that though, I did go into Evan's class again on Tuesday and volunteered. I had another great morning in his class, and it just amazes me how much the kids have grown since the last time I was in there. They really do learn A LOT in a half day of kindergarten! I got to work at the table this time where the kids had to draw a card from a bucket and draw the picture of what was on their card. Then they had to try to sound the word out and write it as best as they could on their paper. They did an amazing job trying to write words! The kids had art at the end of the day and while they were in art I helped Mrs. Mills with some prep work.

Then yesterday I babysat my friend Angie's little girl for a couple of hours. I forgot how much work little babies are. It went fine and Brooke's a little doll, but I quickly remembered how much mom's do one handed when you have a little baby. I enjoyed watching her and I get to watch her next week and the week after so I'm looking forward to it. Em wasn't quite sure about a baby in the house though. She kept saying, "It's not a good day." I asked her why and she said, "Because baby is crying." Too funny. The time actually went fast when she was here. And Angie, (I don't know if you read my blog but if you do) you're doing a wonderful job with Brooke!

Now onto the kids cute things. Today, Em would say to me, "I love you sooooo much!" She did this all day from the time she woke up until the time she went to bed. Sometimes she would just be walking around playing with her toys and say it. Other times she would be snuggling with me and say it, and sometimes she'd walk up to me and say it. The way she says, "I love you sooooo much" in her cute little Emmaline voice, with her cute little Emmaline smile just melts my heart. She's actually been doing this a lot for the last few days. She's been very lovey dovey and no matter how much she says it, it actually surprises me every time she says it. I love that little girl more than words can say.

Evan on the other hand has been amazing me with everything that he's learning. His growth in the first two months of school is crazy! It's been a long time since I was in kindergarten, but I often wonder did I know that much as a five year old? His reading skills are awesome, as well as his math skills. Tonight he told me that 98+2=100 and 100-2=98. I was like, "Where the heck did that come from?" I told him how impressed I was with that. Then he went on to ask what the word "delicate" meant. Greg told him, something that breaks easily. Evan responded with, "So it's kind of like the word fragile." I have to say I was a little amazed that he correlated those two words like that. That's my little guy! I'm so proud of him, and like my little Emme, I love him more than words can say.

That's about all I got from here. Tomorrow is Friday! MSU is off this weekend so it will be weird to not have a game to watch. However, my friend Marie is having an Uppercase Living party so I'm excited to go show all the new product! If you don't hear from me again, which more than likely I won't be back on until Sunday, have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment