LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

It's been a busy few days and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. Let's start with the weekend recap. On Friday, Evan came home with his first report card. It seemed so weird getting a report card for my kid. I remember getting my report cards. In kindergarten, (at least in Haslett) there aren't A's, B's, C's, etc. In stead there's M's (meets grade level expectations), P's (partially meets expectations), N's (not meeting expectations), etc. I'm happy to say, my little guy got all M's on his report card. So instead of straight A's, he got straight M's! Way to go Evan! We are so proud of you, keep up the good work. We actually have his conferences tomorrow so looking forward to talking with his teacher. Friday was an absolutely gorgeous day for November. It was 70 degrees here, and I was wearing my flip flops!!!! Loved it! I don't know if I've ever told you, but I really don't like wearing socks with shoes. I'd much rather be in my flip flops any day! So it was pretty much a bonus day for me on Friday. Can we bypass winter and get right to spring again? I took the kids to our neighborhood park Friday afternoon. We were there for a good chunk of time and Evan got to play with his friend Ethan and Em got to play with her friend Chloe. They really enjoyed playing at the park and it was nice to get some fresh air. Friday Greg had to work a little late so after he got home we grabbed some dinner and pretty much chilled at home. I had some prep work for my UL party on Saturday so I did that and we vegged out in front of the t.v.

Saturday started out to be a pretty nice day. The sun was out and it warmed up quite quickly. It was a nice surprise because I thought it was supposed to turn chilly and only be about 40 degrees. My friend Marie had a UL party for me Saturday afternoon so I headed to her house. It turned out to be a great party with lots of orders. A big thanks to Marie for hostessing and opening up her house. I really appreciate it! While I was doing that, Greg went to the movie with the kids and they were able to make another trip to the park! That unfortunately I think might have been the last trip to the park because Saturday evening turned cold and wet and it's been chilly ever since. I'm afraid the warm weather won't be back for a long time.

Sunday we made a trip to Kohl's and ended up spending a good couple hours there. I had a 30% off coupon and Greg needed some jeans and we ended up coming home with a little more than jeans. The Kohl's credit card got a little damaged, but on the bright side, I got a good chunk of my Christmas shopping done for the kids. Yeah me! Then we made a stop at Best Buy to check out cell phones. We have Verizon and I was eligible for a new cell phone back in August, but didn't know what I wanted for sure. Then I had my eye on the LG Ally and Best Buy had it for free a couple months ago. I didn't get it then and decided to wait and ever since then it's been $49.99. Finally this week Best Buy has it on sale again for free so I thought I'd look into it. Well after spending some time at Best Buy on Sunday, I ended up walking out with a new phone. I ended up with the LG Ally and now I finally have gotten with the times and got a Smart Phone. It's definitely different than my old phone, and I'm still trying to figure it out.

Monday came and went before I knew it. I did some things around the house and then late afternoon I watched Brooke again for my friend Angie. She was an absolute perfect baby! Angie dropped her off and said she'd been cranky all day, but about five minutes after she left Brooke fell asleep and slept for two hours. She woke up about five minutes before Angie came to pick her up. Let's hope she's this good next week because I'm watching her Monday- Wednesday from 7am-4:30pm!

Today I had to make another trip to Kohl's to exchange a couple things and then I finally made it to Meijer to get a few much needed groceries. I've been trying to get some things done around the house and do some cleaning again. Next week is Thanksgiving and soon after that it will be time to put the Christmas decorations up so I need to get things organized and cleaned again so the house is ready to go when it's time to decorate! So that's been our busy last few days and tomorrow I'm helping out at the book fair at school before conferences. Thursday Em has a doctors appointment. Friday, I'm not sure what's on the agenda and then it's the weekend and Greg has to work the football game on Saturday. Until my next post... stay warm as the cold weather is here to stay I believe! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment