LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, November 22, 2010

Cleaning Like Crazy!

I don't know what got into me Friday (& Thursday for that matter), but I started cleaning and got on a roll. Back to Thursday for a minute, when I was cleaning while the kids and Greg were at the store. I worked on our loft which has a built in desk up there that is a catch all place for papers. It's always a mess and it's where I throw stuff that needs to be filed. I finally had enough and went to town shredding stuff and going through papers. I can now see the top of the desk again and it looks 100% better. I've got a stack of papers on our bench still that needs to be gone through, but I did make some MAJOR progress.

Friday I worked down in the basement cleaning and moving furniture in the family room down there. It's the kids playroom, mostly Evan's, so it's got lots of toys and it's an endless battle to clean. I never get down there because well, nobody is ever down there really, but the kids so it's always one of the last places to clean. I went to town though and cleaned good and went through some things down there and am down to Evan's "corner pile" of toys that I need to sort through before Christmas and see what can go into the garage sale pile. Then I worked on the unfinished part of the basement which is our storage area. My dad was coming on Saturday to bring us a refrigerator and freezer so I needed to make room for the freezer in there. The fridge was going in the garage, but we didn't have room for both in the garage. I got rid of some things and moved some stuff around and made a spot for the freezer. There's still some things that need to be gone through, but my goal was to make a spot for the freezer and I did.

Then Friday night some guy came to pick up our old fridge so we could get that out of the way before the "new" one could come. I found a guy on Craigslist who would haul it away for free which worked for us, then we didn't have to deal with it. Then Greg helped me take apart the bed in our spare room down in the basement so we could take it to his mom's for the kids to use over there. My Dad was also bringing us a newer mattress so we had to make room for that in the spare room. We didn't have room for two twin beds in there so it worked out that Greg's mom had room to use at her house for the kids.

Saturday, Greg had to work the football game so it was just the kids and I for most of the day. We waited around for my Dad to come with the "goods." He made a special two hour trip to bring us the refrigerator, freezer, and bed so we didn't have to mess with and figure out how to go get and haul it back. It was a fast trip up for him and back because he had a busy day, but we really appreciate him hauling all that stuff here. It couldn't of come at a better time with Thanksgiving this week. Now I'm back in business with an extra fridge and freezer. It's nice to be able to buy the extra gallon of milk or frozen items and have a place to store them. The kids also got some new t-shirts from grandpa which they loved! Em really liked her Hello Kitty outfit too. A big thanks to my Dad for bringing everything. Thanks to my grandma too for the fridge and freezer that were actually hers. We're already getting lots of use out of them!

Saturday my beloved Spartans played Purdue after a bye week, and at the half I must say I was quite worried. I hate when MSU has a bye week because they never play good after. Finally when it was needed the most in the fourth quarter, the team rallied and came together to fight back and win. They didn't give up and it was a great victory for the Spartans. A great win for the seniors, especially Evan's favorite Greg Jones who we were saddened to see play his last game in Spartans Stadium. The Spartans are now 10-1 and have a tough match up coming up on Saturday against Penn State. I sure hope they play better than they did this past weekend. Saturday night we ran some errands and had dinner at Chili's. Awhile back my friend Angie got us a couple gift cards to some restaurants for all that we had done to help her prepare for the baby. We finally used one of them at Chili's and it was nice not to have to cook! Thanks again Angie for the gift cards!

Sunday I got crazy cleaning again and tackled the coat closet by the back entry. It's been a mess for a long time and has had some of the kids old coats that are way to small, as well as coats we don't wear anymore. I got it nice and organized and am hoping it can stay that way. That pretty much wraps up the weekend, and today was my first of three days babysitting Brooke. She's about seven weeks old now. I wasn't sure how today was going to go starting at 7am and watching her until 4:30pm. The morning went super good. She slept for the first couple hours. Then by afternoon she decided she wanted to be fussy and wanted to fight sleeping. I fed her, burped her, changed her, rocked her, put her in her swing, etc. but nothing seemed to work and every time she was about to fall asleep she woke herself up and decided against it. It was sort of a long afternoon, but I managed and we made it through nonetheless. It hasn't been all that long since Em was a baby, but I definitely forgot how much work babies really are. I was tired by the time Angie picked her up. I still enjoyed watching her though and really it could of been worse so I can't complain too much. Angie said that's pretty much how she is in the afternoon so at least I know it wasn't me. I am hoping tomorrow goes a little better though. We shall see! Now I'm off to bed where I should of been at least a half hour ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment