LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a nice Mother's Day weekend. It started with some drinks Friday night. Greg and I went to Pizza House with our friend Brenda and had a couple hours of kid free time. Brenda and I had a couple bloody Mary's. We love Pizza House bloody Mary's. I'm pretty sure they're the best in town. They load them up with what we call a "salad" in our bloody Mary, celery, pickle, and lots and lots of olives! So yummy! It was nice to have some adult conversation without two little one's interrupting.

Saturday the kids and I headed to GR again. Greg was supposed to work, but then ended up not having too. He still decided to stay home so he could work on my cousins wedding album. Remember our trip to Arizona last May for the wedding. Well my cousins have finally picked out their picks for the album so now Greg's putting it together. He got the book half done over the weekend It's going to look nice when it's all finished! My sister and Kaite also were in GR and we once again ran a bunch of errands for my mom since she's still laid up. Only 9 more days and she can start walking on her foot again. Yay! We got all the errands run on Saturday as well as got things around the house done. We ended the day with Chinese for dinner which was nice. Thanks mom for dinner. I hadn't had Chinese for awhile and it hit the spot.

Sunday we had a nice breakfast before the kids and I headed home. My sister made a tasty egg casserole and we had some fresh fruit with it. I'll post the recipe soon for the casserole. I think many of you would enjoy it. Thanks Jen for making breakfast. It was a fast weekend since we were only there for one day, but we got everything done and the weather even cooperated and it was beautiful Saturday and Sunday! Thanks to my mom for helping out with the gas tank again! These gas prices up and down (mostly up) lately are ridiculous!

The kids and I headed back and we had a nice afternoon at home. Evan gave me the stuff he made at school and he really did melt my heart. He was so proud of the stuff he made me, and I was so proud of the hard work he did on everything.

Here are a few of the things he made. The green envelope he decorated and then inside was the bookmark he made and the hand flower poem.
Also inside was this "I love my mom because..."
the back of the paper.
It read as follows: I love my mom because she makes good macaroni and cheese. I love my mom because she helps me write a book. And she likes to go to the park. And she likes to go on a walk. Love, Evan

Too too sweet. He did an awesome job writing all those sentences! I'm going to frame his hand poem and hang it up. I will treasure these forever!

We had a late lunch early dinner at Champp's with Greg's mom. Champp's was giving out free gift cards to all mom's. It's a gift card that is good for a year, and it's $10 off $25 every month. Pretty good deal. Last year they did the same thing except it was $15 off $25. I guess with the economy they had to make adjustments. Still a good deal since we do go to Champps often. After lunch we spent some time outside with the kids. Nobody really wanted a big dinner later on so we just went to Tasty Twist and had ice cream since it was such a nice day. It was a great ending to a nice Mother's Day weekend. I'm so lucky to have the two kids that I do. Evan and Emmaline you mean the world to me. You know I love you to the moon and back. You two are such wonderful blessings in my life. I love being a mom and you bring me joy each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment