LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pinterest

O.k. I'm finally getting around to telling you about my new addiction. I'll recap our Memorial Day weekend next time, but this post is long overdue so I must tell you about Pinterest! I can't believe I didn't hear about it sooner, but thanks to my friend Ann who introduced it on her blog, and now she's gotten me seriously addicted! The website Pinterest is basically a site where you can keep a virtual pinboard. You catalog collections of things you love and can refer back to them at a later time. You have to request an invite to be able to "pin" things. I understand this can take a little time, but when I requested mine it only took maybe four days. I think if a friend sends you an invite then it moves a long a little faster from my understanding. Once you get your invite accepted and create your account (it's all free), you're free to "pin" away! Watch out this gets seriously addicting, but so much fun! You can create different boards and "pin" items you find on the Internet to a specific board, for example, one of my boards is "recipes to try." The link to the original website is saved and no more hassle of bookmarking. Each item is saved with a picture which makes it very nice to refer back too. It's brilliant, absolutely brilliant! Think of all those times you've seen something on the Internet and wished you wrote down the site or bookmarked it, and you've forgotten where to find it again. Now you can go right to your Pinterest account, and it's all right there! Below are some of the things I've been "pinning!"

Here's a couple things off my board "Ideas to Remember"
This is so simple for those hot summer days when the kids are eating popsicles. Put a cupcake liner on the popsicle stick to catch the drips! So easy to think of yet, I've never thought of it!

This one is also a great idea. Use a tea jar and fill with bubble solution so the kids can refill their own bubble containers. My kids are always asking me to get them more bubbles, this is a must!

The next two are off my boards "Recipes to try"
This is another thing that makes me say, "Why didn't I think of that?" Stuffing raspberries with chocolate/white chocolate chips. How fun if you're entertaining!

How great are these strawberries for 4th of July? Dip them in white chocolate and then blue sugar sprinkles. So fun!
This next one is on my "Party Planning" board.
Great time saver for birthday parties- freeze scoops of ice cream in cupcake liners the night before so the ice cream is ready to be served with the cake!

Those are a few of my finds so far. I could go on and on. It's really a great site. Ann calls it "Internet Crack" and it's quite fitting. I've already got a couple of my friends addicted and they've passed the addiction on to their friends. My friend Brenda said we might need a support group and have monthly meetings. Hahaha! If you find yourself with nothing to do some afternoon go check it out. You can browse all you want, but you can't "pin" until you request and get the invite accepted. You'll find everything from images of food you'll want to try, to arts and crafts ideas you can do with the kids, to fun quotes you might want to remember, to images of beautiful rooms that will give you decorating inspiration, to beautiful places around the world you'll want to put on your "travel" board. Not only can you create your own pinboards, but you can also follow other peoples pinboards. It's so fun! So if I'm not blogging you know why now. You'll probably find me pinning. I can't even tell you the ridiculous amounts of time I've spent on it. Ahhhhh Pinterest why are you so addicting? If you want to see what I'm pinning you can follow along at http://pinterest.com/lisakohuth/

2 comments:

  1. Ah Pinterest! The biggest time sink of all time. I love that site - love it. I also waste way too much time on it. If you create a support group, I should probably join. But only if we serve margaritas and get to talk about all the cool stuff we've found there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you should definitely join in the support group should we have one. After all you did get me started on it. We already talked about having adult beverages at it. I think that's a given. Haha! Instead of thinking of all the time I've wasted on it, I have to think of all the fabulous things I'm finding to do with my kids this summer or recipes to make. :)

    ReplyDelete