LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Weekend Wrap Up

Wow, this week is flying by. That's good and bad. Nice it's a short week, but I feel like I have a lot of things I wanted to get done around the house this week that aren't getting done. Yes, part of it is because of my "pinning," but part because tomorrow is Thursday already. I guess there's always next week. We had a nice Memorial Day weekend which started with a garage sale Friday and Saturday. The Homeowner's Association finally organized a neighborhood garage sale. When I first heard it was Memorial Day weekend, I wasn't too keen on the idea. However we weren't going anywhere so I decided I'd jump in with the rest and do a sale. It turned out to be a successful sale so I guess it was worth my time. I wouldn't say it was any better than some sales I've had in the past, but I was able to get rid of some big items that were taking up room in the garage. Friday was a super busy day. Probably one of the busiest days I've had for a garage sale. Saturday was a little slower with the rain in the morning, but I still got rid of some more things. While I got rid of a lot of stuff, I still have a lot of things so I'll probably be doing my sale again in July. There's about four other houses that want to do sales too so hopefully we can coordinate the same weekend.

The kids got to go see Kung Fu Panda 2 with Greg's mom Friday afternoon while I had my sale. They ended up wanting to spend the night so after a long day doing the garage sale we ended it with a movie and free taco/nacho bar at Lou Ha's again. We went with my friend Brenda to see Hangover 2, which I thought was pretty funny. It was predictable after seeing Hangover 1, but I still thought it was a little funnier than the first. After the movie we met up with my friend Jess and a few others at Lou Ha's. Who doesn't need a drink after a long day of garage sale? It was much needed and the bonus free taco/nacho bar was perfect for our dinner. We ended up coming back to our house after Lou Ha's and watched Hangover 1 because Brenda hadn't seen it before.

Saturday we had a guy come out to take care of a bird issue we've been having. The birds like to build nests in the vents on the sides of the houses around here. We noticed a few weeks ago that they've chosen our house finally. Our neighbors Jim and Kate also have had the same problem, as well as some other neighbors. I tracked down the guy that does the siding on new builds around here a few weeks ago and he said he doesn't really do the vent covers anymore, but if I found enough people to make it worth his time he'd do it for me. So I rounded up 6 houses for him to put screens on the vents. He said he'd do the three vents for $100 per house, but since I did all the leg work getting the houses together he'd only charge us $75. I thought that was nice of him, and I was so glad he was able to get it done before the issue got worse.

Sunday we didn't do too much. Just some things around the house and then pretty much chilled. We got that bad storm late Sunday afternoon which pretty much kaput any plans for the night. We were hoping to have drinks on the deck with friends and get the tiki torches going for the first time, but that didn't happen. Monday Greg went for a ride with our neighbor Rich and then in the afternoon we decided to have a cookout and Rich & Liana and their daughter Veronica came over, as well as Brenda and her daughter Keyera. We grilled burgers and hot dogs and had a few adult beverages to cool us down on what turned out to be an incredibly hot hot day! We did a late lunch early dinner so we opted for ice cream for dinner later on. We made a trip to the Tasty Twist which hit the spot since it was so hot!

It was a great weekend overall, and now we're counting down the days until the end of the school year. Only six more days of school! How is that possible. Today Evan's class had a field trip to the Nature Center so Greg helped out with that. Evan was so excited that daddy got to go to school with him. I sent my camera to school with Greg, but I haven't even had a chance to look at the pictures yet. I'll try to post some tomorrow if he got any good one's. So that brings you up to date on our long weekend and only two more days and it's the weekend again! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment