LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Father's Day Weekend Part 2

After our afternoon in Kalamazoo, we headed onto my sister's. We made a stop at the DQ on our way because I promised the kids ice cream if they were good in the car on the way down. They even got to get cones which they were pretty excited about. (I usually make them get their ice cream in a dish because it's just a lot easier and not a huge mess like the cones end up being.) Evan actually did pretty good with his cone. Emmaline of course got chocolate on her brand new shirt, but it wasn't too much and she did better than I expected. When we got to my sister's, we hung out there for a little bit, and then went over to my dad's for pizza dinner. After dinner we decided to do a bonfire at my sister's and the kids got to make s'mores again. Twice in one week, they were so excited! Thankfully the weather cooperated and it was a beautiful day and night for our outdoor activities.

On Saturday, my niece Kaite had a double-header softball game. We didn't go to the first game because it was pretty early, and we weren't all up and ready by then. We did make it to the second game though. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera so I didn't get any pics. Kaite did an awesome job and her team won both games. Evan was glad he got to watch her game. It's a little different than the t-ball he's used to, but it opened his eyes of what's to come if he keeps playing ball. We spent the late afternoon and evening at my dad's out on the boat. The weather was beautiful and just perfect out on the lake. The kids thoroughly enjoy being on the boat and they LOVE to drive the boat. We got in two boat rides on Saturday! First time around the lake they got to drive with grandpa. The second time we went back out they got to drive the boat with daddy. Below are some pictures from our lake visit on Saturday.

Grandpa bought the kids bubble wands. Why do kids love bubbles so much?
Emmaline is ready to do some boating!
Driver number one...
Driver number two



Sunday was Father's Day and we spent it back out on the boat. It was a beautiful day once again. Perfect to be on the lake. The kids got to drive the boat again which made them very happy! After our ride we had a nice steak dinner, and then we hit the road to head home. It was a nice relaxing weekend. Sunshine, beer, and the boat doesn't get much better than that! These are a few of my Father's Day photos. I'll post the rest in my album on Facebook hopefully this week!

Greg got a nice Father's Day card that Evan made all by himself. My little guy does such a great job making cards!
Emme lovin' her daddy!
Grandpa also got the kids some hula hoops which Evan actually did quite well with.

No comments:

Post a Comment