LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Our Weekend In Photos- Part Two

Continuing on with our busy weekend...

On Saturday Evan seemed to be feeling better so we took the kids to the MSU Football Spring Practice "Green/White" game. It's our third year going and finally the weather was fairly decent. It was a little windy, but the sun was out and at least it wasn't raining. We got to campus, and I couldn't believe the traffic. I've never seen so many people at the spring game. I think being Big Ten co-champs the fans were ready for some Spartan football and hoping for some great things come fall. Lots of green and white support in the stands cheering on the Spartans!

My cheesy Emme ready to watch some Spartan football!
Evan didn't want to looks at the camera, he was too busy watching the players warm up!
The Green and White warming up.
The greatest college mascot around... Sparty doing push ups center field!
She loves the Spartan Fight Song! Clapping along all the time! I think I'm raising her well! :)
The "Green" offense on the field for the first time, with Kirk Cousins at quarterback!During the "mini" halftime some former players were introduced. The guy in the middle (6th from left), one of Ev's favorites... Javon Ringer.
Coach Dantonio being sneaky again and pulling out the tricks. You see the tall guy in white (#83)? That's basketball player Draymond Green. He was just filling in for the practice game. It was too funny seeing him on the field. He had a huge false start foul and the announcer said, "Draymond, in basketball that would be called traveling." It got a good laugh out of the crowd!
Touchdown for the green team at the end of the 3rd quarter right before we left.

We had a fun time and cheered for the "Green." We left a little early because it looked like rain and was cooling down a little. The Green beat the White 24-10.

Saturday night the kids went to see African Cats with Greg's mom and then ended up spending the night. Greg had to work Saturday night so I had the house all to myself. Ahhhh, peace and quiet!

Sunday the Home Goods in Lansing opened! Woo hoo! I was there right at 8am, but there was a long line that I wasn't about to stand in. Finally after the crowd filed in the store which moved fairly quickly, I headed in as well. I shopped around and by the time I was ready to check out with my few things the line was around the back of the store. I decided it wasn't worth waiting in that line so I decided to leave and go back later. Greg ended up going back with me and it was still busy, but the line was shorter and moved quickly. I still ended up getting everything I had in my cart earlier.

Sunday afternoon we had a birthday party to go to for the kids friend Matthew (Jess' kid). It was a nice party and we hung out there for awhile. The kids had a blast playing with Grace and Matthew. It was a nice afternoon. Thanks for the invite Jess. Here's the kids watching Matthew blow out his candles on his HUGE cake. We had to give Jess a hard time about the size of the cake. She didn't realize how big a sheet cake was. LOL Too funny!


So that was our weekend, and now it's mid-week and only two more days until the weekend arrives again! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment