LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, July 11, 2011

Girls Day Shopping

Yesterday, it was a fun-filled day of girls shopping. My friend Brenda and her daughter Keyera, and I shopped til we dropped! I've been wanting to make and IKEA and Trader Joe's run for sometime now. Last week Brenda was telling me she wanted to go to IKEA to get some furniture, so I told her we needed to have a girls shopping day. I've been putting it off, and I figured if we didn't make plans I wasn't going to make it there anytime soon. We left just before 10am and got to IKEA around 11am. We were probably at IKEA for a little under two hours. When we left, the entire back end of my car was full. We did good making everything fit. Most of it was Brenda's furniture. She came home with a new chair and ottoman, some tables, a tv stand, a floor lamp, and some other odds and ends. I needed some votive holders and small vases for my UL shows, and then I also got myself a new vase and I found some flower pots for the deck. I've been looking and looking and haven't found anything I really liked that wasn't extremely expensive. When I saw these they were perfect! When I got home I was looking at IKEA online and found some different sizes I already want to go back for. Not sure how I missed them when we were there. Here's a picture of the new flower pot, I got two of them.


After IKEA, we headed towards Trader Joe's. We stopped for lunch by TJ's before we stocked up. We figured it probably wasn't a good idea to go into TJ's on an empty stomach. We ended up eating at On The Border. I love that place and never knew there was one by TJ's until the last time I had made a TJ's run. I managed to stock up on some items at TJ's and had a packed cooler on the way home. (I always take a cooler and ice packs when I head there so I can get cold items and get them home safely.) I ended up with four bottles of two buck chuck. If you don't know about it you're missing out. It's nicknamed "two buck chuck" because out in California this particular wine is $2. It's the Charles Shaw wine, and here it's $2.99 a bottle. Due to some Michigan law it can't be sold for $2. Still you can't go wrong with $3 for a bottle of wine that tastes good. I like the Pinot Grigio, but there's a variety of whites and reds that are available. This is the wine.


I also got some Mahi Mahi, Salmon, red licorice bites (love the TJ's licorice), some chicken tamales, spinach artichoke dip, and a few other things. I could stock up nonetheless. Brenda also got a few things. Then we headed for home, but not without making a stop at the Coach outlet. A girl's gotta look right? I found a couple things on clearance that I liked, but didn't get anything. We got back in town about 5pm so we had made a full day of it shopping. It was a fun day though and I'm so glad we went.

While we were gone, the kids and Greg, and Greg's mom had gone to Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek. It was a hot day for the zoo, but they had fun. The kids had spent the night at Ya Ya's Saturday night and Sunday morning decided to go to the zoo. Greg was going to change his oil and go for a bike ride, but he ended up going with them. This was Evan's second time at that zoo. I had taken him when he was really little. This was Em's first time at Binder Park Zoo. Both kids fed the giraffes for the first time. Emmaline couldn't stop talking about it when she got home. She thought that was so cool. Evan also fed the goats, but Em wouldn't. They made a day of it as well, and got home just after I did. Here's a few pictures of their afternoon. Ready for the zoo!

Evan on the carousel!We found "Africa!"
Emmaline checking out the giraffe with daddy before she feeds it.Evan had fun feeding the goats!

And today is 7-11 which means the store 7 Eleven is giving out free small Slurpees. Evan didn't forget so we made a stop, and here are the kids with their Slurpees!

No comments:

Post a Comment