LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, July 18, 2011

The Week In Review

Gosh, another week has gone by since I blogged. Where the heck did last week go? I don't even know if I can remember, but I'll try to give you the run down. Monday and Tuesday we went to look at a couple preschools for Emmaline. I know we're so far behind on this. We need to get making a decision. For some reason it seems harder this time around. I think it's because Evan's teacher from the MSU CDL preschool isn't teaching anymore which we're really bummed about. Hopefully we can make a decision this week. Tuesday and Wednesday I worked out in the garage setting up for garage sale number two. I had a lot of it set up on tables already from the last time, but it was all pushed to one side. Some of the clothes I had put back in tubs, so I had to set those back out on the tables. I also had a couple bags of new stuff to put out and price that I had bagged up when I cleaned the kids closets a couple weeks ago. I had pretty much everything set up and ready to go by Wednesday night for the sale on Friday.

Thursday we went to my friend Marie's for the afternoon and went swimming. It was a nice hot day so the pool was perfect. Her kids and mine got to play and we got to catch up a little. After we left Marie's the kids and I headed to Kalamazoo. Marie lives in Bellevue which is between here and Kalamazoo. Since we were only about a half hour from Kalamazoo, we met my sister in Kzoo and picked up Kaite to come back with us. My sister and Kaite were planning to come up for the weekend, and my sister was going to help with the garage sale on Saturday. She had some things she wanted to put in my sale. So I thought if she wanted to meet us on Thursday I could get her things, and then Kaite could come and spend an extra day with us. She could watch the kids on Friday while I was doing my sale and I could try to sell some of my sisters stuff on Friday instead of waiting until Saturday (Fridays are always better around here for garage sales). Plus the kids liked having Kaite here for an extra day!

Friday I had my garage sale pretty much all day. It wasn't as busy as the Friday in May when I did it, but I still did pretty good. I got rid of my jogging stroller which was a big item that I was hoping not to have to store again. Plus it was worth getting my sisters stuff because I sold two of her end tables and a coffee table, as well as some other things. I got rid of lots more kids clothes which was nice too. The day went in spurts, there was never really a steady pace. My friend Brenda stopped by and sat with me for a little bit which was nice to have some company. She even brought me some brown butter chocolate chip & bacon cookies. I wasn't sure about the bacon and chocolate chips, but they were pretty good. Thanks Brenda for the treat and for sitting and chatting with me. My sister got here Friday evening and we met up with Brenda and Keyera at Lou Ha's for taco bar. It was a cheap dinner and the beer was just what I needed after sitting out in the heat all day!

Saturday we had the garage sale for just part of the day. I didn't want to waste the whole day with the sale and Saturdays are usually slow anyway. It's a good thing we didn't plan to do it all day because it was SLOW! We ended up closing up a little bit early. My sister and Kaite had eye appointments at Jessica's eye place so we did that in the afternoon. Thanks Jess and Steve for coming in on a Saturday for them. If anyone needs eye exams, glasses, or contacts go to Thompson Eyecare, they'll take good care of you. They've got a referral program now so if I refer 6 people I get a free pair of glasses. Who needs an eye exam and wants to help me out. I only need three more referrals!!!

Saturday evening we just chilled pretty much until Jess and Brenda came over. The two of them were volunteering at the Common Ground Festival and had planned to come over for some adult beverages after. Well they ended up not coming until 11:30pm so we got a late start. We had drinks on the deck and lots and lots of laughs! Good times for sure! I even had my first chocolate martini. I'm not sure why I've never had one of these before, but I've been missing out! Oh yummy deliciousness! Brenda cut out on us about 1:30am because it was way past her bedtime. It was past mine too, but the chocolate martini was tasting too good. Then Jess wanted "late night munchies." This is often brought up when she's over having drinks on the deck. Yes, she's talking about Taco Bell and really wanted to go for some "late night munchies." Kaite offered to drive us so I figured this time I wouldn't bail on Jess and we headed to Taco Bell since I had a driver. Jess says it was just what she needed because Sunday morning she didn't have a hangover. You know what? Neither did I, go figure.

After being up so late on Saturday, we all slept in on Sunday. I didn't get up until almost 10am! We lounged around and then my sister and Kaite headed home after lunch. Sunday was really really hot and I wanted to get the garage sale stuff cleaned up. I worked out in the garage a little at a time, coming in for long periods of time to cool off. Then I ended up taking a nap and Greg and the kids went with his mom to see Winnie The Pooh. Later Sunday night I worked out in the garage a little more. My friend Angie came down and bought a bunch more of Em's stuff. She pretty much wiped me out and I've only got one tub of Em's clothes left! Yay!

Today it was hot hot hot again so we all just stayed inside! Looks like the rest of the week is going to be just as hot if not hotter so we probably will be staying cool in the air conditioning! And two weeks from today is my little girls birthday! She's already getting excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment