LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Friday, July 9, 2010

Garage Sale Success

Today was a busy day, but in a very good way! It was day one of the garage sale, and I'd say with throwing this sale together at the last minute it was a huge success! I of course had a TON of kids clothes. It's a little ridiculous the amounts of clothes my kids have. The garage was bursting at the seams with kids clothes. Not only are they very cute clothes, most are in like new condition. It's a shame they grow out of some things so fast! I also had some bigger items that I was hoping to get rid of- stroller, car seats, Leap Frog learning table, bath seat, booster seats, dinosaur drop and roll, a push around buggy car, and that Pooh Bear outdoor playset I bought at a Mom2Mom Sale last year (the kids are actually getting a little big for it and don't use it all that much). I couldn't believe how fast most of the big items went. I got rid of everything, but the stroller, car seats, and one booster seat. Not bad for the first day!

The clothes went pretty good too! Em's clothes (which of course I think are all so adorable) sold a little more than the boys clothes. Some customers were buying arm loads of girls clothes which was awesome! I get a little sentimental when people are buying the kids stuff because it brings back lots of memories. However, what am I to do with the stuff? We're done having kids so it's just sitting around. Someone else might as well get some use out of it. I ran out of room on the tables Thursday night when I was setting up so I couldn't even put all the clothes out. So it was a good thing they were selling so I could replenish the tables! Here's a couple pictures of the garage all set up and ready for customers to come take it away!

Stuff...
LOTS of stuff...
...and even more stuff!
My mom came to help me with the sale and the kids today. She brought the kids outside for awhile, but it was so hot and I didn't want them to get sunburned so after a bit I told them they could go in and watch some cartoons. A short while later I came in to make them some lunch and this is what I found.


They were having a little cartoon party apparently. Em had her two babies in the stroller watching cartoons. If you look carefully you'll see that they're even buckled in! Safety first, right? Even Molly was watching the t.v. It was all just too cute! Definitely a Kodak moment, or what would you call it these days since nobody uses film? LOL.

Overall, I'd have to say today was a pretty good day for the sale, and it was more of a success than I thought it would be. Although I have a lot of stuff left, I really can't complain because I did get rid of A LOT of things! My friends Jenn and Christine down the street who were also having a sale said they did really good today too. I'm glad we all did the sales at the same time. Tomorrow is day two of the garage sale. I'm not expecting it to be as good as today for two reasons. For one, I don't have as many big items left to sell. For two, from past experience Saturday's have always been a little slower than Friday's so I'm guessing it won't be as busy. However, I'd love to be wrong this time and am hoping for a decent turnout! Wish me luck! We want to make a big purchase for Little Miss Emmaline later this month (which I'll fill you in on later) so I'm hoping to make enough money for that! I'll let you know how the rest of the sale turns out in my next post! Until then, it looks to be a beautiful weekend ahead so I hope you all enjoy it! Happy weekend readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment