LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Successful Shopping & A Tooth

Time for my weekend wrap up and then some. I've been bad at blogging this week, but by golly we've had a busy week! It's been filled with playdates and fun! Thursday we headed to the MSU 4-H Children's Gardens to meet up with my friend Marie and her son Connor. It was our first trip to the gardens and as usual, it was beautiful! Most of the flowers were in full bloom and it was a beautiful day to explore the gardens. We hit the gardens at the right time because the train started running shortly before we were ready to leave. The kids were in their glory and loved watching it. It was hot out, but we managed to find some shady spots from time to time so we survived the heat. After the gardens we took the kids to McD's for lunch. Evan and Em thought it was fun to have lunch with Connor, but they missed Kyra since she wasn't there. All in all though it was a great morning!

Friday we had another playdate, this time with a couple of Evan's friends from preschool. We've been talking about it all summer now and finally a few of us were able to get together. We headed to the park and spent about an hour there playing. Evan was excited to see his friends Karin and Henry and have some play time with them. Em was loving the slide and swings, as well as playing with her brother and his friends. It was a great morning, and while it was hot once again, we managed to survive the heat before it got too hot later in the day!

Friday night we headed out right after Greg got home from work and ran some errands. We were on a mission to accomplish two things- one find a mattress for Emmaline and two, decide on our new deck. We had already shopped around some for a mattress and decided to go to one more place where we got our mattress a few years ago. It was a good thing we stopped because we found a mattress $100 cheaper than everywhere else we looked. We made a decision and picked out a mattress so now all we have to do is go back and buy it and set up delivery when we're ready for it. Shopping mission number one- success! Then we headed to Menards and redesigned our deck plans on the computer and after debating about size and a few things we got all the deck pieces ordered. We decided to go with a hardwood instead of the composite so what we ordered is special order and won't be in until the end of July. We decided to split up the order so we can get started on the posts and joists, etc. so all of that will be delivered on Friday. Then when the hardwood comes in the following week we'll just go and pick that up. I'm so excited that this is finally a go and with that said, shopping mission number two- success!

Saturday, Greg wanted to go see Inception and once the kids heard daddy talking about going to the movie they wanted to see a movie. So Greg went with his mom, aunt, and uncle to see Inception and I took the kids to see Toy Story 3 again. They had already seen it, but I hadn't so of course they didn't mind seeing it again. I wanted to see Despicable Me which they had already seen too, but there wasn't a time that coincided with Greg's movie so we ended up with Toy Story 3. It was a cute movie and the kids loved seeing it again so thanks to Greg's mom for treating them to the movies again. I pretty much can guarantee it will be a purchase on DVD when it comes out. Our movie ended a little before Greg's so we walked around the mall for a bit and then when they were all done with their movie we went to Champp's for dinner. I wanted to go out to Kohl's after dinner by myself to do some peaceful shopping (without kids getting into everything), but I forgot Greg wanted to finish up working on the Arizona wedding pictures. (Yes, Matt & Kai they're about done and will be posted on a site tomorrow. I know it seems like it's been awhile, but honestly this is pretty fast compared to most photographers!) So Greg's mom said she'd take the kids for awhile so we could each do our thing. Thanks so much! I was able to find some buys for Em's birthday so once again a successful shopping trip! On my way home I stopped to pick up the kids and Evan had a little surprise for me. He opened his mouth and said, "look mom, I've got a loose tooth!" He was so excited, and I was a little in awe. My little guy has his first loose tooth already! I knew the time would be coming, but I thought it would probably be next year after he turned six. The timing though is a little crazy because the day before my friend Jess posted on Facebook that her daughter Grace lost her first tooth and was asking what the going rate for a tooth is. I commented to her to let me know when she found out because I'll need to know down the road. Little did I know that down the road would be sooner than later. Evan's tooth is pretty loose so I'm guessing it will be out by the end of the month. I'm a little surprised that last night was the first he noticed it since it's so loose. I'll let you know when it's time for the tooth fairy to arrive!

Today we decided to head to the outlet mall. I've been searching online and in stores for a comforter for Em's new bed and wanted to check out the Pottery Barn Outlet. So we headed to Birch Run this afternoon. It's been a few years since I've been to Birch Run and it has changed some since the last time I was there. First we hit the Children's Place and we had two little one's who were very into shopping and trying on clothes. After they picked out, tried on, and filled a bag full of clothes we checked out and headed on to the next store. They both got some very cute outfits for the fall, thanks to Ya Ya. We hit a few stores and then our last stop was Pottery Barn. Unfortunately we didn't find anything in terms of bedding, and I have to say I was a little disappointed in the store this time around. There selection of stuff was scarce and it seemed like they didn't carry near the amount of stuff as in the past. After the outlet mall I managed to talk Greg in going home a different way through Brighton and Howell so we could stop at Tomato Brothers for dinner. A little out of the way, but we didn't have anything else to do so why not. We ended up making a stop at Home Goods and unfortunately there too I was a little disappointed. It didn't seem like they had near the amount of stuff they usually do and nothing at all really in bedding for Em. It was an uneventful stop, but I guess the good part was I saved money! I think I'm going to have to hit up the one by IKEA soon to get my Home Goods fix! We headed to dinner at Tomato Brothers after that so it wasn't a total waste going that way home. Dinner was delicious and if you've never been to Tomato Brother's in Howell, I highly recommend it! Yummy! A great weekend for the Kohuth family and now it's time to start another week. It's going to be a busy one so I'm sure there will be lots to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment