LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Garage Sale Take Two Is A Bust

Before I get into my garage sale news, I need to update you on my cupcake creations. I was busy all day yesterday so I didn't get a chance to enter many new creations, but I did submit one. The latest creation is cotton candy. A pink cupcake flavored like cotton candy with a fluffy pink frosting! We had gone to Ukai with Greg's mom, aunts, uncles, and cousin last night and the fish in the entry was named Cotton Candy so it got me to thinking that would be a good cupcake flavor! I've got a few more ideas in my mind so I'll let you know when I submit more!

Now to my garage sale today! Today and tomorrow is take two on the garage sale. My friends Ellen and Elizabeth (the two I make jam with) were doing their sale today and tomorrow so I decided to give mine another shot since everything was already set up from the previous sale. I opted for Thursday and Friday because from experience a couple weeks ago and in past years, Saturday hasn't been good. I've had success with Thursdays and it's usually a big sale day around here. Well, that was not the case today. The garage sale was pretty much a bust and it was a very SLOW day. It mostly went in spurts and it was kind of a wasted day. The sale was from 9-4pm, and I ended up closing a little early about 3:30pm because it started to rain. I made a whopping $45. Yeah, pretty pathetic. The only good part was that Angie said she wanted me to bag up some more stuff ($100 worth) so that kept me a little busy when it was so slow. I had found some new items to put out since the last sale and asked her if she'd be interested in blankets, baby toys, more clothes (some with tags) and she said yes. So while the actual sale was pretty much a bust today, bagging up stuff for Angie made it a little worth while. Thanks to Greg's mom for keeping the kids all day so I could do my sale. I'm hoping tomorrow is busier since Friday is usually the best day for garage sales. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates and the rain tonight gets it out of its system before morning! Wish me luck tomorrow because then I am officially done with garage sales this summer!

Before I leave for the night, I have to share these super cute photos of my Little Miss Emmaline. They're not the greatest in color since I took them with my phone, but the subject of the picture is just too cute to not share! After dinner last night, the kids went to Greg's mom's for the night and Greg and I went to Kohl's in search of the new bedding for Emme's big girl bed. Of course we had to look at other things while in the store, and Greg came across these cute ballerina p.j.'s on clearance for Emme. I don't think I've told you, but Em is taking ballet class in a couple weeks and it's all she talks about. We gave them to her tonight and she was in heaven! She absolutely loved them and started doing ballet poses. I'm pretty sure these p.j.'s were meant for her!


How cute is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment