LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

Hope you all had a nice Easter weekend. We headed to my mom's in Grand Rapids for the weekend as I mentioned in my last post. We had a nice weekend, but it was busy. My sister and niece also came to my mom's for the weekend. The kids loved having cousin Kaite to hang with. By the time we got settled in and had dinner it was already getting late. The kids watched Tangled with Kaite while the rest of us chilled.

Saturday morning I had a hair appointment with my friend Rochelle. I really needed my hair highlighted so since I was in GR for the weekend I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. Rochelle does hair out of her home so she's very reasonably priced. Highlights around here would have cost me around $100. She does it for $35. I took Em with me so she could get a haircut too. I'm still trying to grow her bangs out, but she just needed a little "cleanup" so I didn't get very much cut off. I got mine highlighted and cut a little. It felt so good to have my blonde highlights again! Here's my Emme ready to get her haircut.


After us girls got back from getting our hair done, we all headed to On The Border for lunch. It's our favorite place to go in Grandville when we're in town. My mom needed us to run some errands since she's unable to drive right now since her surgery. So we made an afternoon of running from place to place checking off everything that needed to get done. While we did that the kids went with Kaite to see Rio again. It was Kaite's idea and of course the kids didn't mind seeing the movie again so they were all excited! My mom treated the kids to the movie so that was really nice that they got to go spend some cousin time.

My mom tagged along running errands with us and got around pretty good with her scooter. We hit Best Buy and helped her pick out a new computer because her old computer she'd been having problems with. Then we hit Bed Bath & Beyond, and also made a trip to Meijer to get her groceries and stuff for Easter dinner. After the movie got out, Greg took the kids back to grandma's and they all took a nap while we were at Meijer. By the time we got home it was already 6:30pm. I couldn't believe we were gone all day. We ordered pizza for dinner and after we ate the kids and Kaite colored Easter eggs. Then we knocked out a few projects around the house. Greg installed a new shower head in the downstairs bathroom. The one that was in there we've hated for 25 years so it was long overdue. I can't believe it never got changed before now. Sunday morning it was so much nicer taking a shower. We also got my mom's new computer going for her (She's a little technologically challenged. LOL.), and got some cable boxes hooked up for her. After the kids went to bed, my sister and I hid eggs for the kids. We debated whether to do it outside in the morning, but there was a chance of rain so we just hid them inside.

Sunday morning the kids were super excited to find Easter eggs! They did a great job finding them all and both of them were so into it. I couldn't keep up with Em as she was collecting because she was so fast. Then they couldn't wait to open them up and see what was inside. They managed to whip through them pretty fast and then had a ton of Easter presents to go through. I don't remember getting all the stuff like they did for Easter when I was a kid. They had quite the haul between their Easter baskets from us, then gifts from grandma, Aunt Jen & Kaite, and they also got stuff from grandpa and grandma that my sister had brought with her since we didn't see them for Easter. The kids loved everything from everyone so a big thanks to grandma, aunt Jen, Kaite, and grandpa & grandma for thinking of them at Easter time!

Since we didn't have our normal chicken tetrazzini for Christmas we decided to make for Easter lunch. Or should I say, I made for Easter lunch. Somehow it was my sister's idea, but I got nominated to make it. We had a yummy lunch nonetheless and then it was time to hit the road. It was a nice weekend, but I was tired by the time we headed home. I really expected the kids to sleep on the way home, but they didn't. Thanks to my mom for treating the kids to the movie, for pizza Saturday night, and especially for filling our gas tank to get us home! I seriously cannot believe the price of gas these days and it's only going to get worse. Today it hit an all time high of $4.17. Ugh!

When we got home we had to go pick up Molly from Greg's mom's. She watched her for the weekend which we really appreciated. The kids got their Easter presents from Ya Ya and got a ton more stuff. Then we went to Champps with Greg's mom for dinner. It was a nice way to end the weekend, and I didn't have to worry about cooking. So thanks to YaYa for the kids Easter presents and for dinner. The weather turned out to be fairly decent yesterday for Easter which was nice. Here's a few pics to enjoy from our weekend. I posted more on Facebook so you can check them out there too.

The kiddos ready to head upstairs and see what the Easter bunny left!
Emme finding Easter eggs!
Evan was excited there were even more eggs out on grandma's porch!
The kids had the cutest faces while opening eggs. Here Em found bunny marshmallows!
I love Evan's funny face when he found money in his egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment