LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Good Intentions

Well here I am again needing to catch up on my blogging. I had good intentions of blogging last night and then Greg had to work later than expected. He was to be home around 6:30-7pm and then ended up not getting home until almost 10pm. It's a crazy busy time of year for him which stinks for us here at the Shearwater nest, but I'm thankful he has a job so I can't complain too much. So since he was working late, Evan wanted me to play UNO with him and read some books, etc. So I spend a lot of the evening with him. Em was at Greg's mom's because I was helping out at school today.

So now I'll catch you up to date on the happenings around here. Spring break went by kind of fast and kind of slow. It seemed like Ev was off forever. However, then when Sunday rolled around and it was time to get ready for school, I was wishing he had longer off. We made another trip to the library last week. We returned all the books we had for "March is Reading Month" and got a new stack of books. I'm really proud of all of us for completing our reading goal in March. We either read to the kids everyday or Evan read to us or his sister. We went through A LOT of books!

Saturday we went to Birch Run and Frankenmuth with Greg's mom. It's been probably a year and a half since we were there last. We just hit a few stores at the outlet mall and the kids each got a new pair of Crocs for the summer. Greg hates the shoes, but I love them for the kids. They're perfect for playing outside and wash up easy. We ate at the Bavarian Inn for lunch and had the yummy chicken dinner. It always tastes so good when you're eating it, but then when you leave your so full! We were all stuffed!

The weather was fairly decent on Saturday and when we got back we went for a walk. Emme finally got to drive her Barbie "mustache" that she got for Christmas from Greg's mom. It's really a Barbie Mustang, but ever since she saw it she could never get Mustang out so she said mustache. Finally yesterday I said something about her Barbie "mustache" and she told me, "It's Barbie Mustang!" All righty then! Lol. It took her a little bit to get used to the steering and pressing the pedal, but she did pretty good. She was so darn cute driving that "mustache" down the street. Thank goodness our neighborhood isn't fully developed so the streets back in our phase aren't too busy. Here she is cruising the neighborhood.


Sunday was absolutely GORGEOUS! It was almost 80 I think. The shorts and flip flops were out, and the windows were open! We were outside a good chunk of the day. It was an awesome day to end spring break. I got a little yard work done, the kids played outside, we went to the park, and Evan and Greg went for a bike ride. Greg asked Evan if he would want to ride his bike all the way to the Tasty Twist. It's about a four mile ride there. Evan was so excited and definitely said yes. So he and Greg left on their bikes and Emme and I planned to meet them there. It was too far for Em to ride her bike which she didn't understand so she was a little mad she couldn't ride her bike too. It ended up taking them a little longer than Greg thought, but they made it there without making any stops. Evan was so proud of himself and thought it was pretty special he got to ride his bike to the Tasty Twist. I was very proud of him too. We had some ice cream which hit the spot on a beautiful hot day. Thanks to my friend Brenda for the Tasty Twist gift certificate for my birthday which we used. I took Greg's car in case Ev didn't want to ride back and we could load the bikes on top. Evan didn't think twice and when done with his ice cream, he was ready to ride back home. He made it home and he didn't complain about the long ride at all. He clocked a little over eight miles! What a great accomplishment for him. I'm guessing he'll want to do it again sometime. Here's my little guy at the Tasty Twist!


Here it is Tuesday and all day I was thinking it was Wednesday. Yesterday it was back to school since break which was a little rough getting up early after sleeping in all spring break. Today as I mentioned I helped out in Ev's classroom. It was a fun morning. I can't believe there's only two months of school left! That's it around here. I have a million things I need to get done between scheduling appointments, finding a preschool for Em, and getting some spring cleaning done this week. I'm hoping I have some success by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment