LIVE LAUGH LOVE DANCE

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Mommy Scare

Well, it's been quite the week so far. The weather is still crappy and boy what a storm we got last night. Yesterday I had to take Evan to the doctor. Last week Tuesday he fell while running at the park. He was down on the ground for a few minutes and said his foot really hurt. Finally when he got up and we asked him to walk on it he could, but said it really hurt. So we headed home and iced it and had him stay off it. Later on he said it wasn't too bad and was getting better. The next day he was still limping, and I was thinking we should call the doctor, but Greg said give it a couple days. Of course when Ev heard "doctor" he said his foot was getting lots better. You know how kids are about doctors. So by the weekend he was still limping a little, but not as bad as the first couple days. Then Sunday it seemed to get a little worse so I thought I'd better get calling the doctor on Monday.

We couldn't get in on Monday, but they could get us in first thing Tuesday morning. I really didn't want him to miss school, but it needed to be checked out so we headed to the doctor yesterday. Evan was bummed he couldn't go to school especially since he was student of the day and his turn to take snack. The doc told us she thought it was either his tendon or his 4th bone in his right foot. He was able to walk on his tip toes and his heel so she didn't think it was broken, but possibly fractured. So she sent us for an x-ray. I was feeling guilty for not calling the doctor last week, and if he did indeed have a fractured foot I would feel terrible as a mom. Evan was a little nervous about the x-ray, but I reassured him it wouldn't hurt at all. They would just take a picture of his foot and he wouldn't feel a thing. He did a super job laying still for the x-ray technician, and when it was all over he said, "You were right mom, it didn't hurt at all."

We then had to head back to the doctor with the CD of the x-rays so she could give us the results. After looking them over, she came in and said it didn't look like Evan had a fractured foot. He just pulled his tendon a little and it's gonna be a little tender for awhile. It will take a little time to heal. No big worries, just take it easy on the foot a little. She would send the x-rays onto the radiologist, but she was pretty sure they would say the same thing. What a big relief for this momma. I still don't like that it's bothering him, but I guess it will run it's course and in time he'll be back to normal. I'm sure hoping it's soon because next month he'll be starting t-ball. We did get done in time for Evan to get to school before he'd be marked absent for the day so he was able to take his snack and be student of the day! :)

If you remember a couple years ago over Mother's Day weekend my mom fell and broke her ankle and wrist. Well, ever since then her foot has been bothering her. So after seeing a few doctors she decided to have surgery on her foot again. She had the surgery three weeks ago and now is laid up for a couple months until she gets a walking boot. We're going to my mom's for Easter weekend and she's using a scooter to get around. I'm really glad that my little guy didn't fracture his foot or there would be the two of them with limited mobility this weekend. Although Ev had fun playing with grandmas scooter a couple weeks ago so he probably would have liked to be able to use it. LOL. I'm just glad it's nothing too serious. I hate seeing my kids hurt. It's the part of being a mom that's the hardest.

In other news, I had a surprise kid free afternoon today. The kids went to Greg's mom's for the afternoon so I was able to get some things done around here. It's time for my spring cleaning again even though it still feels like winter out. Last week I cleaned the living room from top to bottom- washed windows, cleaned blinds, wiped baseboards down, dusted, vacuumed, moved furniture, and sorted through toys. This afternoon I tackled part of the upstairs. I had three laundry baskets of clothes to put away, but before I did that I decided to go through the kids closets and pack up old clothes, put away clothes from the laundry baskets, as well as some new clothes I had in bags. I got quite a bit done, but I've got a couple of piles of clothes that I need the kids to try on. It's stuff that I'm not sure if it still fits or not. So I've got a little more work to do on both closets and then I've got to do the deep cleaning in their rooms with the blinds, baseboards, etc. Fun times, right? I guess it's better I get it done now while the weather is crappy so when it gets nice I can be outside instead of inside cleaning. That's about it from around here for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment